Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For fans of simple, off-roaders.

I’m trying to order one right now. My local dealer claims not to know much about them, even though they’re quite clearly on the website with prices and colours. They’re quite expensive for what they are, and useless as a van. Buying it for the long term as its low tech and fairly simple compared to anything else out there at the moment, and probably the foreseable future. No direct injection/turbo/dpf/adblue, simple clutch change, no cambelt etc.

The Jimny is quite popular here, I love the boxy shape of it. Would love for it to have a better engine then I could sell both cars and that would buy the best bit of a new one. 1.5L and 73kW isn't going to feel great... my 110kW 2L car just about tows 1ton - as long as there's no hills.

I drive past a business each day (unrelated industry to cars) that has a ton of old ones parked outside it.

1616035479820.png

Who can resist this super retro grille! (image stolen off google)

Unfortunately it's never going to tow what I need, but for any journey I don't need to tow, and is under 40 miles I always take the Jimny over the LC. And for the off-roading I do it's way more maneuverable and doesn't sink up to its axles in mud. That said, my quad bike is better again, but floatation tyres are pretty terrible on tarmac.

Back