Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For Sale: Hannibal Tourer kit and Jumbo fly for 1.6m roof tent (not including roof tent)

nick_the_fish

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
So when we brought our first roof tent (Hannibal 1.6m ) in 2010 it came with the Tourer kit and Jumbo fly which we left behind in England due to space limitations. We sold the roof tent in South Africa but kept these on the basis that we might buy another 1.6m roof tent again one day. We've just brought a different tent so don't need this anymore.

Please note that the roof tent is NOT included.

Please also note that i've only got the 2 canvas parts (the extended tent cover and the room), everything else needs to be replaced -

• the 2 springy poles for the Jumbo Fly sheet
  • the metal fitting brackets for the Tourer kit
  • the rings used to connect the 2 together
I spoke to a guy called Bob Webb at Nene Overland about 5 years ago who seems to think that a fitting kit was available which would have these spares, although you'll need to source these yourself.

I don't want much for it (principally because most of it isn't there :) ), and i'd rather see it being used than sitting around in a box, especially it a member of the forum wants it. Therefore someone can take it for the price of a good bottle of whisky. Happy to post (buyer to pay postage please) although this won't be much.

Please also note that the images do not show the actual item, as I cannot put it up, because I haven't got the roof tent to join it to, but are stock photos from the Hannibal website.

Any questions please get in touch.

$_86.JPG

@nick_the_fish

You have made my year!!!!!

I would love to offer it a new home and a holiday in the wilds of Scotland. Would you mind posting it ?

More importantly which whiskey would you like?

Last edited:
@moo2moo i'm really sorry I think I must have mis measured in the first post. It is for a 1.4m roof tent NOT a 1.6m roof tent.

Let me know if it is any use to you and i'll get is posted to you. We're off on holiday for 2 weeks in about 2 hours so unless its urgent i'll do it when we get back.

Sorry for the confusion and for getting your hopes up.

@nick_the_fish

That's perfect!!!!! I was planning to take 20cm off the width of the cover to make it fit a 1.4.

It's not urgent but I can whoosh funds and an address to you now so you can post it at your convenience

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Awesome!!!

In that case i'll get in touch in 2 weeks when we are back and things aren't quite so frantic.

Remind me on 21st August if I haven't got back in touch.

Glad its going to a good home. I'll get a quote for postage and we can worry about that later. It won't be much.

Welcome to the forum btw. :dance::dance::dance:

Back