FOR SALE: Howling Moon Tourer 1.4m RTT

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
Larry's Rules apply :icon-biggrin:

For sale, my Howling Moon Tourer roof tent. In very good nick - the cover has a few scuff marks and the mattress cover got caught in the hinge and has a slight rip - replacement cover can be ordered for £40 apparently :icon-cool:

Details are available at the Trek Overland site (http://www.trekoverland.com/howlingmoontourer.html), but in essence:
Howling Moon Tourer Roof Tent

280 gms/sqm polyester/cotton ripstop material.
Teflon coated.
Lightweight vacuum laminated composite base construction.
Aluminium mounting extrusion supplied.
Zip operated, ventilated and insect screened windows.
2 piece ladder, flysheet and 75mm thick high density mattress come as standard.
Internal storage pockets.
Sufficient space for bedding when tent is folded.
Unique bungee cord system to assist in packing up of tent.
Internal ladder access to tent.
Zip integrated annex tent.
Extension room below provides large living room and additional accommodation, and is available in heavy-duty nylon or ripstop canvas - this one has the ripstop canvas version
Built-in groundsheet on annex.

I have the ladder extension to go with this, otherwise the ladder is a tad short.

Current retail pricing is £1875 plus VAT - the ladder extension is about another £75 + VAT if memory serves.

Been carefully stored in my garage when not actually in use, so in a cool dry environment. In pretty much perfect condition (couple of marks on the one base board where something rubbed on it, but that's it. Still fully waterproof :icon-surprised: It's been a great tent, and has never let me down, even if a pretty hectic storm at Applecross :thumbup: but times and needs change ...

Will be here for a week or so before it goes to fleabay (there's one there already so won't compete!!). Looking for £1200 - you'll need to collect it or arrange collection please - best to go on a pallet.

Pics to follow as can't access them from work :ugeek:

Back