Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For sale: Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon VX 4.2TD - expedition ready, 2 spares, roof rack

Leopard

Country Flag
uk
I'm selling my 1991 silver Land Cruiser Amazon VX 4.2TD. The vehicle is expedition ready and has been prepared by OEM International. There are some cosmetic blemishes on the truck, but overall it's in good condition. Considering the age of the vehicle, there is very little rust on the undercarriage.

The truck comes with the following:
  • 4 x black plastic jerry cans for water
  • 4 x steel jerry cans for fuel
  • Patriot roof rack
  • Aluminium jerry can holders
  • Water purification system
  • Water pump
  • Hannibal Roof Tent
  • Awning mounted on the roof rack
  • 6 x BFG All Terrain Tyres
  • 6 x steel wheels
  • Spot lights
  • TJM suspension with a 2" lift kit
  • CD player with iPod connector
  • Air conditioning
  • Cruise Control
  • Safari Snorkel
  • Auxiliary Battery
  • Split Charging System
  • Lifting points mounted to the chassis for HighLift Jack

The truck has just had a full valet and undercarriage clean.

As shown in the photos, the rear seat has been removed and replaced with a single seat in the rear and space for a fridge behind the front passengers seat. The idea is that the rear seat folds forward and the water jerry cans are strapped into place behind the drivers seat. The rear of the truck has had shelves fitted, as shown in the photos.

The tent is in good condition, bar a bit of fading due to it's age, but it is dry. We used it extensively in some very bad weather in the Yorkshire Dales and didn't have a problem with the tent.

The only thing that I need to mention is that there is a juddering on the steering wheel at certain speeds (e.g. between 40 and 50mph). I think it's the same issue that Ben had with his 70. I've had the wheels balanced and the tracking done and that hasn't made any difference. I intend to purchase and fit new panhard rod bushings as recommended by Ben prior to a sale, but I needed to list this ASAP.

If you're looking for a great vehicle that's expedition ready and has great potential, then this is the one! I'll be sad to see it go as it is truly a great truck with great potential, but I've just bought that great HJZ75 Troopy from Jonnie and I can't keep both.

I'm hoping to get £8,000 for this with all the gear listed in this post. I appreciate that the MOT is due soon, so would be willing to put it through MOT once a sale is agreed, if required.

Please feel free to contact me via message or on 07595389959 if you have any questions or would like to arrange a viewing.

Here's the link to the eBay listing: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171010814229

564540_10151051510079717_1977213704_n.jpg
IMG_1040.jpg
IMG_1041.jpg
IMG_1042.jpg
IMG_1043.jpg
IMG_1044.jpg
IMG_1045.jpg
IMG_1047.jpg
IMG_1048.jpg
IMG_1049.jpg
IMG_1050.jpg
IMG_1051.jpg
IMG_1052.jpg
IMG_1053.jpg
IMG_1054.jpg
IMG_1055.jpg
IMG_1056.jpg
IMG_1057.jpg
IMG_1058.jpg

Just as a matter of interest Nigel (sorry but I'm not a potential buyer) the car has a KPH speedo, but it's RHD, is it an import?

For sale: Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon VX 4.2TD - expedition ready, 2 spares, roo

Just as a matter of interest Nigel (sorry but I'm not a potential buyer) the car has a KPH speedo, but it's RHD, is it an import?

Yep, it is an import. :)

For sale: Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon VX 4.2TD - expedition ready, 2 spares, roo

TTT

I'm still trying to shift this truck, if anyone is interested in an expedition/overland ready 80 series.

Hi Wayne

Yes, the vehicle is still for sale. I had some people look at it over the weekend and will be getting back to me this week as to whether they want it or not.

Let me know if you're interested in coming to see it?

Cheers,

Nigel

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Wayne

I've sent you an email with details.

Thanks,

Nigel

Very nice truck Leopard but it ain't no Amazon. I'll stand corrected if you can prove different.......

John

This has now sold. New owners due to drive it to their property in Botswana towards the end of 2014.

Back