Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Foxwing have a new version

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
https://www.norwichcamping.co.uk/shop/product/oztent-foxwing-270-degree-series-2-awning-10551/

Now let's not start fighting about which is the best awning. They all have their own merits. But I see there's a gen 2 Foxwing out. Most of the mods are trivial frankly and I would have thought they'd have really updated it to be self-supporting. But hey. Now one mod is a new bigger cover with a system for storing all the pegs and poles in with the awning. This makes sticking your poles somewhere much easier. Bus as any gen 1 owner knows, the bag is as tight as a gnat's chuff. This new bag will fit the gen 1 awning. Might be worth considering if you struggle to pack yours away or simply need a new cover. If it comes with the storage system then all the better, but I'm guessing that's extra, Just shove the poles in anyway. What I am not seeing so far is a choice of left or right opening. Might be wrong but I think Foxwing maybe racing to the back of the queue.

It now has semi hooked awning poles but looking at the design I can't see the point at all. I have replaced my awning spigots with hooked ones to just help prevent any lift. My plan was to find some pinnable feet so I could do away with guy ropes. Not got that far yet, but the top spigots are looking promising.

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 14.40.44.jpg

Agree doesn’t look anything special. I prefer the models that have a forward folding arm to give full side coverage which this doesn’t look to do

Saw this on Instagram yesterday, could be handy for those with those funny fold out tents off the back?
Screenshot_20191204-173040_Instagram.jpg

Back