Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front ARB Locker and Auto Box Cooler Fitted

Geordie Paul

Garage
Well, its been a while since i last posted but i have been busy with the the truck. It spent 2 days at West Coast Offroad on Tuesday and Wednesay to have the front ARB and Auto box cooler fitted. Cooler...no problem....ARB hmmmm....The diff, compressor and electrics all done but the diff would not seal. Turns out it is the little copper pipe on the ARB and it needs a new one so it will be 10 days before i can test it :doh: :doh:

Really pleased other than this, the new cooler means there is no chance of the current pipes leaking water into the auto box, few!

Will keep you posted on the progress from here :thumbup:

excellent, the cooler is a good idea but will bring debate no doubt

I have a bit of a doubt about an external cooler.
It is so that the radiator with the bould in auto box cooler, can leak, and that there than will be ATF in the cooling system and water in the gearbox.

But there is something else. The cooler in the radiator does not only cool the ATF, to equal the engine water temp. But it also will heat up the ATF to around water temp from the engine. And that purpose you losse now. I think in winter time, it can be good when the oil is heated a little.

Has anyone an other idee about that?

I ran my old 80 series with a pair of Kenlow aux coolers and bypassed the radiator heat exchange. It didn't cause any problems even in winter it just took the box a bit longer to warm up. Having the radiator heat exchange is better if there's not a problem with it but if you have concerns about its reliability or as in my case it's blocked I don't think it's worth worrying about not having it.

Back