Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front bumper options

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hello!

Need a new front bumper, and don't feel like paying MrT £1200 that got quoted. I can likely get one off the breakers somewhere but want it colour matched.

Any recommendations on a body shop who'd do a fair job ? Close to SELondon is good, but willing to travel.

IMG_20190406_105204.jpg

It's cracked around the side light, and its cracked entirely (. ~ 16 inches long ) on the inside lower edge of the bump. So really would prefer not to pull it out etc

View attachment 155235

It's cracked around the side light, and its cracked entirely (. ~ 16 inches long ) on the inside lower edge of the bump. So really would prefer not to pull it out etc
Christ thats expensive... For a lot less you could have a nice ARB winch bumper...We had a new rear bumper on our Ford Fusion through Insurance and that was over £800 (painted) .. PS what did you hit?

If that's plastic and i assume it is you will be astonished how much a heatgun reduces the severity , and probably the quoted price of repair .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Agree with Shayne

That will pop out with a good heat gun

Christ thats expensive... For a lot less you could have a nice ARB winch bumper...We had a new rear bumper on our Ford Fusion through Insurance and that was over £800 (painted) .. PS what did you hit?

The Mrs was parked at a garden centre, and thought she'd take a short cut across to the road. There was a low bollard there, and she was parked close enough to not be able to see it from the driver seat.

The plastic bumper is to save any pedestrians you aim for but in the event of solid collision it serves no purpose , there's a light steel crumple bumper bar behind the plastic so i wouldn't worry about the cracks compromising strength .

The ebay winch bumper you posted is from Fabryka in Poland and i was going to suggest you might get both front and rear cheaper than Toyota's price if you deal direct .

Yeah. Might go down that route. Anyone on the club who's has this kit from Fabryka?

I think if you did get a bumper from Toyota, Its just the Plastic skin so to speak.. You would still have to swap over the brackets /fog lights/ wires etc.. So you might as well go for a nice steel/winch bumper and still have to swap things about..... But the missus could run into as many posts as she likes..:doh:

Hello!

Need a new front bumper, and don't feel like paying MrT £1200 that got quoted. I can likely get one off the breakers somewhere but want it colour matched.

Any recommendations on a body shop who'd do a fair job ? Close to SELondon is good, but willing to travel.

I had very similar on my replacement (ebay, same colour!). Big dent and crack. As said, heat gun the dent out, the crack was underneath, so I drilled a few holes either side of the crack and held together with small tie wraps. Was going to skin it with a bit of fibre glass, but you can't see it so I didn't bother. Mine is much more of a farm car than yours though!

@Crispin replaced his front bumper through is insurance when he had a bump, so it's possible to do. Worth looking jnto

Back