Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

front caliper service

Ahh, but once you have on board air Matt, you can blow them out. Vey cool as Gav would say.

Chris

Guys, does anyone know the part no for the rebuild/service kit with the rubber boots and clips for the front calipers? From Toyodiy I think it's 04479-60020 but I want to be sure!
I need to refurb my front calipers but I cannot find the damn kit after my house move:x I need to see whether I am going to become friends with my local Mr T dealer and place my 1st order....

Last edited:
That's the correct part number, maybe Mr T isn't so expensive in SA? Have fun :lol:

At least you probably won't need to ever do that again Andrew with no winter salt roads! As long as you stay away from boat launching in the ocean from the beach or slip :lol: - I've heard how you Vaalies don't know how to do that properly!

To help prevent further corrosion, I suggest you use a lubricant/corrosion inhibitor underneath the mud shield. I use Wynn's Viscotene.

Roger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They look nice but genuine pistons can be got quite cheap and if you look after them they last a long time. I recently serviced my passenger side front caliper and the pistons were like new once I cleaned off some gunk that had accumulated under the outer shields.

If anyone needs any brake part numbers for front and rear, here's some that just arrived today.

Front perforated anti squeal shims

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 17.45.35.jpg

Front solid anti squeal shims
Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 17.45.57.jpg

Rear anti squeal shims

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 17.45.45.jpg

Full length rubber pin bellows

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 17.45.20.jpg

Short rear rubber pin bellows

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 17.46.07.jpg

Back