Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front diff lock actuator needed

Landy73

While out at the weekend my actuator fell off never to be seen again. Heard it go and bounce the lenght of the under side of the cruiser but at the time we thought it was just a large stone. Was not until the next gate parked on a side slop I noticed the diff oil pissing out the axle. I know roughly where it let go but could not find it anywhere. Where can I find a replacement at a cheap price, cheers, scotty

Perhaps somewhere in New Zealand? I think getting one from the UK would be very expensive (it's a British forum you see - with international members). We have a place here called Milner who do them for £450. From a main agent they are £720. Dunno what that is in dollars, but surely Oz or one of your dealers would be more practicable. Not sure we have many members with that much local knowledge. But we'll help if we can.

Welcome and I hope you get sorted.

Chris

Perhaps somewhere in New Zealand? I think getting one from the UK would be very expensive (it's a British forum you see - with international members). We have a place here called Milner who do them for £450. From a main agent they are £720. Dunno what that is in dollars, but surely Oz or one of your dealers would be more practicable. Not sure we have many members with that much local knowledge. But we'll help if we can.

Welcome and I hope you get sorted.

Chris
Hi chris

I realised it was a UK site, I am trying everyone at the mo. always got mates that two and throw between UK and here. That price of 450 is a tad cheaper than here. Most stuff is cheaper your end, shit you guys can buy newzealand lamb and wine cheaper than I can! I am trying all the wreckers at the mo and they are all quoting 3 to $400 for a second hand actuator if and when they get one in stock. Even 20 years old they are still good as we do not salt our roads like you chaps.
You out playing in the snow this Easter? We will be away looking for snow in the Grampian mountains ,almost 2000m up. Will be the highest our club has ever been. Put into perspective , around another 4 or 500m more than Ben Nevis in Scotland.
Thanks for the reply, should start warming up your end soon, have a good easter

cheers Scott's

Back