Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front Discs and Pads

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Any advice guys. Looking for cheep and cheerful for a truck that does 300 miles a month on a couple of laning days etc.

Other than by having the originals is there any way of telling weather I had the 286 or 311mm discs?

brakeparts.co.uk, cheap recon ones.

It won't really matter which you had origionally providing you have 16' wheels on it, the only bit that is different is the backing plates, you could just trim the edge off with a grinder if they are too small (and they are still intact/there)

I believe the smaller back plates had ducts into the back, whereas the larger ones are plain without ducts. Plus the discs fill the callipers to almost touching.

Other than by having the originals is there any way of telling weather I had the 286 or 311mm discs?
If you have 15" wheels they will be 286mm, if you have 16" then it will more than likely be the 311mm unless someone has fitted the larger wheels to an early 80.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I cannot get this understand, chris how can u be on here asking about discs and pads after stealing our money.

yes mate its very charming for someone to rob you out of 6 grand :?, And by the way Chris u cannot run from the law forever.

Come on Toby, you have been asked to refrain from this sort of activity on this forum already.

We know you have a problem & so it seems does Chris - please stop haranguing & trolling on this forum...

PM sent Toby1882.

This is your final warning.

The discs are OK. They fit and work. I've probably had around 3 full sets without any issues. I really like their new ceramic pad material. We've had this debate already though. They are definitely the best at stooping that I have tried and that's against OEM and Optifit and EBC.

I have fitted Milner's brakes to customers 4x4's for 'normal use', no drag racing/trials/Chris driving ;>)

regards

Dave

only miners seems to show front calipers at twice the price of rears from brakeparts, anyone know where to find cheap fronts?

Back