Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

front fog/spot lights

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Hi I was just looking at the post regarding diy cruise control.and there was a post about Toyota using wiring looms pretty much the same in all the Colorado models.. Going off topic a bit I have a 97 gx and want to fit after market front fog/spots in the front bumper.. could the wiring be already there.. and up to the dash where there are several blanks not being used could it be plug and play behind one of these .obviously id have to get the switch... any thoughts... thanks Higgy

I hate wiring full stop but if it were me i'd put a switch in next to the fog light switch and loop battery positive terminal to switch to lights to battery negative terminal , probably putting an inline fuse near both battery terminals to be on the safe side because i have absolutely no interest in how car electrics work .

I hate wiring full stop but if it were me i'd put a switch in next to the fog light switch and loop battery positive terminal to switch to lights to battery negative terminal , probably putting an inline fuse near both battery terminals to be on the safe side because i have absolutely no interest in how car electrics work .
No worries mate.. I was just trying to find out if the wiring could already be there..my gx 95 never came with front fogs/spots as standard.. cheers anyway... Higgy

mine didn't but it has the switch and all the headlight wiring goes through it , remove the fog switch and you have no headlights , from memory theres at least 6 wires pass through the switch .

mine didn't but it has the switch and all the headlight wiring goes through it , remove the fog switch and you have no headlights , from memory theres at least 6 wires pass through the switch .
Ok Shayne..thanks for that

Back