Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front Reading/Map Lights

fridayman

Garage
Does anyone know what the type of bulb is called that goes in the front reading/map lights? I'm looking for a LED replacement, but not sure what to search on.

Is it not an R10W (old designation R19/10) :)

Did you see what I did with mine though :?: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10717

I bought a couple of packs of dirt cheap 30mm 16 SMD LED festoon lamps for my map lights and just modified them to fit :D :thumbup:

sae70 said:
............................I also bought two packs (2 per pack) of these 16 SMD (whatever that means) LED 31mm festoon lamps from off of the bay, £5.49 each for the dome & reading/map lights.

Here's the link to them http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

And the shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/topbosses?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Although the festoon in my main dome light measured 30mm ish these new LED ones were a very tight fit & the sprung holders required a little carefull persuasion. For the front reading/map lights I just removed the festoon end caps, replacing them with a couple of short fly leads that I then conected to the main wiring loom. I then just stuck them into the light fitting using my hot glue gun.

All of these next piccys were taken with no flash & I even turned out all of our garden lighting including the security lights, so there was no interfering lighting.

This is just my new 31 SMD (???) LED rear compartment light on.
P3160286.jpg

P3160285.jpg

This is just the main dome light on with a 16 SMD LED festoon fitted.
P3160287.jpg

This is the main dome light & both of the reading/map lights on, each with a 16 SMD LED light pannel fitted.
P3160289.jpg

All on.
P3160292.jpg

Attachments

• P3160286.jpg
    P3160286.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 73
  • P3160285.jpg
    P3160285.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 59
  • P3160287.jpg
    P3160287.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 66
  • P3160289.jpg
    P3160289.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 63
  • P3160292.jpg
    P3160292.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 66
Thanks, I saw that.

I've just ordered a pair of 36 led panels that come with the adaptors. Pretty cheap @ less than £4 from HK, so took a chance.

mine are the same matey and they are spot on

I have the white led panels in the middle and rear lights, but ordered some red ones for the front to see how I get on with them. I've used red lights when outdoors before, and they were quite good for map reading and still being able to see in the dark.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
red makes sense

i put less in the map light at the front - you really don't want to turn it on if you are driving!

fridayman said:
I have the white led panels in the middle and rear lights, but ordered some red ones for the front to see how I get on with them. I've used red lights when outdoors before, and they were quite good for map reading and still being able to see in the dark.
adrianr said:
red makes sense

I put less in the map light at the front - you really don't want to turn it on if you are driving
I'm sorry guys but I have to strongly disagree :naughty: I agree that the Red filtered light is far better for ones night vision :thumbup: But it's crap for map reading :thumbdown: Anything that is printed in Red on the map or even Pink for that matter and Orange I seem to remember will not be visible under the Red light :) So on an OS Landranger map that's main roads, main roads under construction, narrow roads with passing places, footpaths, bridleways, roads used as a public path, Byways :lol: , other route with public access :lol: , national trails, train & bus stations, danger areas, picnic sites & contour lines from what I can remember :D

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10723

Save your money and don't bother with the Red :D

P3170321.jpg

P3170322.jpg

Attachments

• P3170321.jpg
    P3170321.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 74
  • P3170322.jpg
    P3170322.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 70
thanks for clarifying

(last post should have read LEDS not less!)

Back