Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

fuel filter

Nuclear Chicken

:o Was just looking in the manual for something the other day and came accross the bit about draining water from the filter when the light comes on. Hasn't happened yet to me, thinks I to myself. Surprise surprise, today it came on! :thumbup: Managed to get some diesel too, at 116.9p. Not bad when even Tesco is 125.9p.

Anyway, as an aside, can anyone point me in the right direction of a few directions in changing fuel filter on a 120 please? :?: Mine's due a change.

Was pretty straight-forward - it just screwed off, but I had to disassemble the mounting and use a set of water pump pliers carefully to yet it budge - I assume Mr T has an SST for that as well :)

New filter went on fine (I used a genuine one) and once primed there were no leaks :)

Ta Gary,

So would a strap wrench be the ticket for removing it then, ideally with it in situ? No other gubbins to disconnect? I did pump out a bit today but couldn't see any water. I suspect there may be a drop in there somewhere but the light is out anyway.

Lots of snow forecast. I want to be ready :p

Possibly - I was a bit concerned about wrecking thevteeth on the bottom of the mount, or the fuel pipe connectors and electronics on top.

Bug snow coming here too - 20cm by the end of the weekend :)

Back