Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

fuel gauge trouble after fitting replacement tank

daverdlc

Country Flag
england
hi guys
semi fitted the replacement tank today buttoned everything up apart from the tank straps because i wanted to check make sure the fuel gauge was working correctly ,so i put the key in switched the ignition on locked at the gauge and it was still at 2/3rds full same as it was when i last used the truck .
can anyone shed any light on this ?
cheers dave

Assume it has no fuel in it :)

Check wiring is all connected and the float arm is free and moving ok and not jammed on anything, and move it by hand and see if fuel gauge needle moves

checked it with the multi meter on the ohms setting before i fitted it all seemed ok
i can't weigh up why the fuel gauge is stuck in the same place it was before i removed the tank Andy?

If you want to check your fuel gauge, why don't you check your gauge on your dash with an ohm meter ?
It's easier to remove the cover on top of your gauge, as removing your whole fuel tank !
You can measure your signal as described in any haynes manual for toyota. Sometimes the connectors of your dash panel rattle loose. If you checked your float arm with an ohm meter, and it's ok .... than it must be the gauge in your dash. or if you're lucky .... a loose or corroded connector.
Succes,
Jack

Back