Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

fuel prices to make you smile

SpinDrift

Supporter
Garage
This was the price of fuel in pounds in a corner of British territory just a week ago ...

[attachment=0:20u7t0m9]DSC_6065a.jpg[/attachment:20u7t0m9]

Makes you :) or :mrgreen:

A clue as to location is in the pic.

Attachments

• DSC_6065a.jpg
    DSC_6065a.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 285
Right you are :)

Fuel and much else is tax free there. A litre of vodka that costs £24 at my local supermarket was £8 there and 50 cigars which would have cost me around £80 were £24 there. Must be great living just across the border!!

I stopped off there on my way back from Morocco where diesel was around 57p a litre and Western Sahara where it was around 41p a litre. Trip report to follow.

Is fuel cheap where you are Graham?

Hi,

I guess you can simply pay in GBP ?

Gra.

SpinDrift said:

Ok SpinDrift, so what was the clue in the picture? I sure as hell can't see it, other than a reference to "British territory" which sort of made it obvious as there are none left anymore!

Olazz said:
SpinDrift said:

Ok SpinDrift, so what was the clue in the picture? I sure as hell can't see it, other than a reference to "British territory" which sort of made it obvious as there are none left anymore!
You mean you can't see the Rock in the background ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think what made me "click" was the price of the "Euro Super" adn being in GBP

Not many places in Euro, using GBP.

Gra.

Yes, normal UK currency is accepted, although Gib also issues equivalent coins and (I think) notes. As Graham points out, there are very few places which would sell euro super but charge you in GBP and there are very few parts of British territory left where palm trees will grow. :)

Reinhard

I have palm trees in my garden on the Isle of Wight ;)

Firstly - I thought that was Devils Peak and they were showing the R10.80 / litre as R1.08 due to not enough space on the display (don't laugh - it's happened :lol:)

Secondly - is the Isle of Wight considered UK - I thought they were still at war with someone? The Dutch, maybe??

Nice price though, either way!

It is, but we've been trying to give it to Argentina since 1982.

:D

Back