Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel Tank Size??

Rob Johnson

Hi Folks,

Just a quickie (to those much more knowledgable than me)!

I have a '97 3.0D Prado, I have a standard fuel tank, is this 90 litres?

Cheers

Rob
:character-beavisbutthead:

No I would say more like 70-75 litres.

No, it's 90 or 95. It just feels like 70 Tony.

Chris

Yes, fuel tank is 90 litres (on both the Petrol and Diesel).

Chris said:
No, it's 90 or 95. It just feels like 70 Tony.

Chris
Oh dear. Consumption not as good as I thought then :shock: :lol:

Ha, It certainly feel smaller when running, but it feels larger when at the pump and the digits keep going round!!

Cheers Guys

:character-beavisbutthead:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think I'm going to get a fuel tanker sized tank for mine, just got back from the isle of wight today towing a twin axle van, I managed 16.3mpg going there and 14.1 coming back :thumbdown: do we think it's down hill on the way there :lol:

On the way there I tried to stick to 60mph regardless of RPM, so coming back I stuck to as close to 2000 RPM as I could, it turned out worse that way, could have been due to the winds !

I love the auto box but it's a pain in the ar5e when towing because it drops in to top gear at 55mph, so to keep it from knocking down you have to keep it above 57mph, as soon the car sees a hill it licks it lips and cocks it's head back in readyness for a couple of gallons of amber nectar........

For that reason I'd like a manual for towing purposes only :thumbup:

Oh tha back then big lad. Ow was ollydeein? Thar lass enjoy ersell then? An't young 'en?
New van alreet woz it?
Tha wants drop in fur a bit. Kettle's alweez on that knows that. Eer int'day only goin t'see Journey at'NEC on Sundi neet wee ar lass an't eldest.

Ey, tha wants t'ask thar lass abaat that cheese in Tesco. They still arn't got none. Reet disappointed ah woz. Gorra av cheese on me boll.

Sithee

C

Ayup yoth, am oreet ta, anaar lass an't yungen are, ollydeein wor oreet unall. Av asked arlass baat t cheese fot thi boll un oh sez shiz tewd em t order sumin, but sez thi mayn't be able ter.

I'm starting the quest to find her a new motor today, mini cooper is what she wants, so I guess a mini cooper is what she'll get, it's got to be red with either white stripes or possibly black stripes.

I may well nip down later Chris !

That must have been you I saw by Rownham services on the M27 on saturday, Nick. I was in a black Colorado going westbound when I saw you. When I tow my caravan I always knock it out of overdrive when the speed drops to 55 mph going uphill and just hold the revs steady at whatever speed you are doing. See if that makes any difference.

Could have been me Steve, I don't know where those services are, but I did have 2 stops, one being Liecester and the other ?????? Oxford way I think :think:

I'll try that with the O/D next time I take it out, Thanks :thumbup:

Those services are by J3 of the M27. You had probably just joined the motorway and where going up the long slow hill that tops out by the entrance to Rownhams. You had a cb twig on the back and a snorkel fitted. Didn't have my rig in or would have tried to call you.

Yes I went that route, but don't recall that area, what motor were you in ? I was trying to keep my eye for LCs ! I don't run the cb on with kids in the car due to some of the language and content :oops:

Back