Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Full Noise... Yikes it won't stop!

Bungarra

Country Flag
australia
1HZJ79R 2006 non turbo

Went over a cattle grid, (not hard in second gear) leaving the station when the engine just took off, full revs!

Turned the key off, it came down a bit but had to stall it to stop.

Been using drum fuel and had some water problems in the filters of late.

I changed out the fuel filters, primary had a bit of water as did secondary with a bit of white gunk.

Started her and full noise again, I thought these fuel pumps had a rack like of old, so gave it a few whacks hoping it would free the throttle inside, but no.

But I am told since, the pump doesn't have a rack.

I have had a truck go full noise through oil inhalation (making its own fuel) this is not the case here.

But this has me stumped.... I don't see any other alternative but to replace the fuel pump.

Any suggestions?

Oil inhalation was my first thought too, but you've ruled that out.... hmmmmm

Tuning the key off should have cut power to the stop soleniod and therefore stopped the engine regardless of anything else in the pump...it drops a plunger over the fuel inlet .
For the engine to keep running it was getting fuel from somewhere.....
As Shayne says....where does the injector return line go to ?
Try pulling the return pipe from the injectors so it spills to a can and just cap where ever it went to..... see what happens then .

Thanks fellas for your reply's...

I did take the return line off, and started the engine, it was putting on very high idle, when it was safe to leave the cockpit, I dashed around and spied a multitude of fuel out the pump. Stopped it blew back the return to the tank, hooked it all up ...... full noise.... throttle movement makes no difference with return off or on.

Now...

My mate Junior in Mt Magnet had a chat to a fuel pump Guru..... he said that there is a fork inside that snaps with fatigue and jams on full noise...

I have to accept this as there is no throttle movement with the return on or off.

I will have to bribe him with a few coldies when he services the Genny's at Iron Ridge mine.

Did I tell you how much I like beer.... cooled to 101 today

Bungy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back