Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Garmin nuvi 765

Nuclear Chicken

Got a Garmin 765 as part of the deal with the XC90. It's semi-fitted and come s with some loom kit to wire it in permanently and seems to do the trick.

I'm new to the Garmin sat nav thing and was wondering does anyone have any comments on the 765, good or bad. Or software to load into it that makes it do handstands? :lol:

Huh, some folk just don't get the message eh??? Won't your volvo chums talk to you in the playground now NC??? :p

:lol:

I'm on my second Garmin Nuvi - they seem to be a good enough bit of kit... They have a few foybles like taking you off a motorway only to put you straight back on at the same junction :roll: but I have been happy enough with it to get another one...

I've replaced my 660 with a 1450 (?) which has a bigger screen but the main reason was that the battery on the 660 would only last for a few minutes...

:cool:

Gav Peter said:
They have a few foybles like taking you off a motorway only to put you straight back on at the same junction :roll: but I have been happy enough with it to get another one...

My version of TomTom does that to me near folkestone.... (old version on a PDA) Tis very annoying !

Didn't try on any Volvo forums...yet. Have I been ostracised here? Am I not allowed to mention Volvo? :? :lol:

Loadsa people on here have been tricking around with GPS stuff, hence the question. The unit seems OK to me if, like on any sat nav system, you apply a bit of loaf and know when Daniel is talking crap. The bluetooth/ phone thing is crap and disconnects regularly. That's the only downside I've seen so far.

:thumbup:

What you on about ostricheyes... :lol:

I don't know what you can do with the modern Nuvis TBH. I'd like to get a Barry White voice for mine but have no idea where to get them from...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back