Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gas free certificate for on board gas tanks in the UK

nick_the_fish

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
A bit of a long shot but worth a try.....

...we're shipping the land Cruiser to South Africa in Sept to do a 6 month trip around Southern Africa, but the shipping company are all insisting on seeing a Gas free Certificate to show that the onboard gas tank is empty before it goes on the boat. I have tried reasoning with them, even offered to undo the valve so that the inside of the tank is exposed to the air, but they are having none of it.

Does anyone know where I can get a gas free certificate in the UK? I'm happy to travel anywhere to get it.

Thanks all.

Nick

Could you try some of the industrial tank cleaners / waste disposal companies. We have a process for tank entry on our ship that requires the atmosphere to be within a spec for cleaning & entry? I guess if you can blow air through the tank and have them measure the exhausted air they can certify that. Can the shipping company not recommend a service company to complete it?

Wouldn't an LPG system installer be the most likely?

Thanks chaps.

The industrial guys that you talk about @Jake the Peg aren't interested because it is too small a job and the shipping companies can't recommend anyone. @Chris I have spoken to a few LPG installers but none of them have even heard of Gas Free Certificate.

Its a bit of a farce really, but I think we have managed to make the shipping company see sense so hopefully all sorted.

Thanks Chaps

N

:oops: Really? Well that's a puzzler.

What about the Gas It people in Wales that you recommended to me once?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back