Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

G'Day from that F'n'Bloke DownUnder !

Blown80

Garage
Country Flag
australia
Well I've decided to jump on board and say hello to all the Landcruiser people on this forum.
There are quite a few people I know and chat with anyway, and who have suggested I get in to it, so here I am.

So hello to all, I'm Chris.
I'll do a real short bio, and if anyone wants to know more I will happily answer any Q's.

Chris Blakemore is the regal title with which I was anointed upon birth.
I enjoy a laugh, to stir, and to generally enjoy the moment. Life's not serious.
Those who know me already know I am the proud owner of FNB 4WD Supplies, and established this business in 2005 to satiate my passion for the 4WD scene.
This does take up a lot of my time as any work or business does, but I still love to get in and churn the dirt like anyone else. Apologies in advance for sporadic updates or comments.

I also own a Landcruiser 80 series GXL. It has a few things done to it, but I won't bore you with too many details. Plus I am not a show off, just a normal 4wder with a passion for touring and getting amongst the great outdoors. I am happy to do a thread on it if others do want to know more technically.

I must admit I do step in here with a little intrepidation, because I have found one other sites in the past that my decision to stick my neck on the chopping block and open my own business within the scene I enjoy somehow changed some peoples view. But from the people I already know on this site I am hoping the rest of the crew here view my position more openly. I'm just a 4WDer with the keys to my own toy store.

I am married to a gorgeous woman who also enjoys the outdoors and 4WDing, although on some trips I'm not sure if I was hearing squeals of delight or fright. But one must never be distracted from the task at hand of climbing down near vertical tracks.

So that's me in a diff casing. If you have any questions, just shoot.
Short bio wasn't it....... :icon-biggrin:

And for those who know my HJ 47, Betsy, FNB is her home, thanks to Chris. Incredibly well looked after.:icon-biggrin:

Welcome Chris, good to see you finally on here mate. :thumbup:

Oh good grief, here we go again... ;)

Welcome aboard Chris; looking forward to your tales from the bush dude :cool:

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Thanks Tony, Ben and Gav.
Thought I best pull my finger out and add a little more Aussie flavour to the forum.
Plus when Tony's not looking I'm going to post up some photos of Betsy with a wicked 'Flame' paint job......

Welcome along Chris. You sound like just the sort of bloke we're after on here.

Now let's see some pictures.

Oh and a few of the crusier as well :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Chris,
And welcome,
Great to have you on board.

I often think back to the trip where we met you both and what an incredibly enjoyable trip it was and I'm still following up on the tips you gave me to solve some of the ongoing (small) problems that I have with my 40.

Regards,

Thanks guys, and hello again Rodger. Agreed, it was a great trip and really enjoyed meeting you and Corinne, still talk about it here. Hope the BJ is slowly and systematically getting better for you. Did you end up trialling the idea of measuring those batteries and their charge status as you're going along, rather than relying on that ammeter? Have you had to tweak that old regulator tab since or still ok?
Sorry, can't help myself when it comes to playing with 4WDs and especially old 'yotas.

To Chris, I suppose I'd best find some photos and post them up. Damn it..... IPad and photos versus forum doesn't work. Tomorrow.
Cheers. Chris

Welcome aboard Chris, I'm interested in everything about your 80, so please don't miss anything out! :icon-biggrin:

Talking of the Pyrenees trip, Chris and Rodger, 4x4i magazines will be in post tomorrow.

Cheers

Talking of the Pyrenees trip, Chris and Rodger, 4x4i magazines will be in post tomorrow.

Cheers

I saw Mudrut posted a pic on fb of the magazine with the article in of your trip. Nice work guys. :thumbup:

Excellent work Tony, thank you. I'm looking forward to it.

Hey Ben, you best make sure your bus is looking pretty for the Simpson Desert Trip coming up, you'll be reading about your own trip afterwards in at least 1 magazine in due course, maybe a few. Best start polishing.

Now Clive, so you want to know EVERYTHING hey. No worries then.
I'll start with the custom number plate bracket.......................... :)

But seriously, should I start a new thread in the 80 ser section or is there a better spot for a Landcruiser version of 'War & Peace'.....

Aawwww Chas, that brings a tear to me eye
hearing my wedding song again
the memories
cries some more

G'Day Grant and Andy. Sorry guys, I'm a little awash with emotion right now, will get back to you after a pint or four........ :)

Back