Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Genuine Toyota Long Life 'Red' Coolant vs Aisin's Ultra Long Life 'Blue' Coolant

Bert

Country Flag
great_britain
I’ve just been looking at the RoughTrax website and at the differences between the ‘Genuine Toyota Long Life "RED" Coolant’, and the ‘Aisin's Ultra Long Life Blue Coolant’.
Both are compatible with my vehicle (KZJ95R-1KZTE), though the Aisin’s version is quite significantly cheaper. However, what I am most interested in, is that the Aisin’s coolant boiling point (129°C) is also much higher than the Toyota red (108°C). Because of the fine balance that the cooling system in the 1KZTE’s is known for, I am figuring that any coolant with a higher boiling point could be quite advantageous if this balance is thrown out of kilter thus providing a tiny window of opportunity to rescue the situation. Has anyone used the Aisin product in their 1KZTE, and if so, any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

Can’t comment on suitability as never come across the Aisin version, (I use the Toyota pink ultra long life), but worth bearing in mind if you’re not aware is that Aisin is a 100% Toyota company.

Back