Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Google and FireFox v Explorer and Yahoo

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello all,

Well recently I have been tearing my hair out with the slowness of Google.
What a fat asse program it has been turned into.
I normally use Google via FireFox, however, recently I decided to go back to using older search engines, and carriers.

I have started using Explorer again, and using Yahoo as my searcher.
I guess I last used Explorer and Yahoo, the best part of 10 years ago, maybe 15 years ago.

Recently I was getting quite fed up with what I seen as the ever changing intrusivness of Google.
I felt they were always forcing me to use an "add on", it felt I was no longer able to decide for myself, what I wanted to see.

I guess the last straw was the Google plus, or you may have seen it as one+. or some times YOU+
I have been fighting to keep Twitter off my desk top,, with limited success.
Again for Youtube, it just seemed like Adblock plus, was having a difficult time to give me just the basics, and not what Google analyitcs wanted to give me, or doubleclick.net,

Any way, here I am now, Explorer, and Yahoo.
It can't be any worse or bloated than Google.
Google started out good, got better in the early years, now I feel they have gone down hill very quick.

Gra.

I used to use Firefox, then switched to Chrome when it first came out but it wasn't that good then.

Tried it again a few months later and all the bugs were sorted it seemed. (Each tab was supposed to be an independent process so if one crashed the whole browser should not have been affected, but not in my case :naughty: )

But for the last few years Chrome has been excellent, and use Firefox occasionally for some sites.

Also use Google search all the time. I dont care if they want to track my usage and try make money from my internet usage patterns. They give me so much good stuff for free, they can do what they want :) I'm a big google fan.

I had a Yahoo email address but got fed up with all the spam. Gmail has no spam at all. :dance:

Agree about googol. And even worse when my OS is in norwegian, then google won't let me search in english, and keeps coming up with norwegian sites that have nothing to do with the matter.

And youtube always wants to translate to norwegian. If I don't say NO right away and instead press "skip" or "No" later, it will cut off the streaming and start all over again. :evil:

I can of course fix it by leaving all the cookies between sessions, including tracking ones, but that's exactly what they want. :thumbdown:
So yes, two stupld, bloated, services that used to be good.

When it comes to browsers - nothing beats Opera - so far. (e.g: Try zooming !!)
This is the whole screen - clean! (highly customizable tho')
The tabs on the right can easily be switched of and on with a click anywhere along the right edge, or pressing F4.
6916932193_4450d2b990_b.jpg

uHu, how do you get the tabs on the right to display, I can't find it. :confusion-confused:

The thingy on the right is called "Panels". The panels then have to be set up to show "Windows". They can also show contacts, mail folders, bookmarks or "unite". And a few other things. It can be positioned on the left or right edge, or even floating. You can of course have the windows/tabs along the top like stndrd in fox and ie, instead of as a Panel.
Advantage with panels is that you can use one and the same space for e.g. windows (tabs), folders and contacts.

Back