Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Grabber AT2 285/75 R16

Andrew Brierley

Country Flag
england
Need one for the spare wheel, but needs to be in decent condition. I was going to buy a new one, but they seem hard to get hold of.....:icon-cry:

Continental have apparently stopped importing them for the European market. The new AT is meant to be compatible though.

Continental have apparently stopped importing them for the European market. The new AT is meant to be compatible though.
Probably OK as a replacement, but I don't fancy mixing them on the same axle for winter driving.

Given that they're not snowflake rated like the AT2s were, that's probably wise.

mytyres seem to still have stock?

Bit of a conundrum really.... I don't like the idea of investing in more AT2s when they have gone end of life. Might be better switching to BFG ATs all round after my next Morocco trip, and seeing if anyone wants 4 part worn and 1 new AT2.

Just back from 3 weeks in Morocco/Western Sahara. More rock than sand, including a fair amount of flint. Everyone with BFGs found huge lumps missing and generally chewed up. My GG AT2s came back looking almost as new - which everyone commented on. If it wasn't for them going end of life in the UK I would seriously consider sticking with the AT2s. Any way, I managed to completely FUBAR one of the tyres, so urgently need one as a spare (5mm+ of tread). I have looked on eBay, but none to be found.....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome back. Interesting notes on the BFG (assuming A/T?)

How was the trip ... pics? :)

Yes, most had BFG A/T.

Trip was very demanding on both driver and truck, but very satisfying. Already planning another N Africa trip for next year - possibly Mauritania? I'm not really a photo type guy - just enjoy the driving/scenery/culture.

Back