Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Great White replaces Lil Blue

Are there laws against beating children? Any countries that are exempt? No?

Hmm. Right, no pocket money then.. FOR A YEAR!

Chris

One bits of black are on there Snow White might not be thought of any more.

Just noticed that you have sold your Lil Blue. :( Just after the latest mods were done and you didn´t found any more what to do next? ;)

Good luck to you and your new big white whale. :D This time remember to install big enough tyres under it. ;)

Hey Matti, it will be getting some 33" rubber. Not going extreme on this one. Difficulty on adding larger tyres on the std 90 was getting clearance on the wheel arches. Adding the spacers works well, but I tried that after doing the suspension lift and the wishbones hit the springs!

Clearly you can go to 37" on an 80, but then power, torque and fuel economy all suffer. So some 33" will be just fine. Haven't decided which tyre yet, but again the 80 is so good off road in standard form, I won't be needing great big boggers with what I have in mind.

Chris

Chris said:
Hey Matti, it will be getting some 33" rubber. Not going extreme on this one. Difficulty on adding larger tyres on the std 90 was getting clearance on the wheel arches. Adding the spacers works well, but I tried that after doing the suspension lift and the wishbones hit the springs!

Clearly you can go to 37" on an 80, but then power, torque and fuel economy all suffer. So some 33" will be just fine. Haven't decided which tyre yet, but again the 80 is so good off road in standard form, I won't be needing great big boggers with what I have in mind.

Chris

Yeah, you should have change the wheels too with more offset.

15" wheel does not fit to bigger brake (>´92 HDJ80), so you don´t have 33" to choose if you don´t go to 17" wheel. So some 285/75R16 or 305/70R16 would be your choice. How it´s in the UK, how much bigger tyres you can install leagally? Here it´s 51 mm from original.

I shall have to look into options then Matti. I thought I'd be able to get something in 16"
No legal limit on fitting tyres here. Shh, don't mention it to the Government or it will be another law they introduce. As long as your insurer is happy with what you do to your car and it passes the Ministry safety checks, you can what ever you like. Although fitting a log burning stove inside might be frowned upon. ;) ... but it has been done.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris said:
I shall have to look into options then Matti. I thought I'd be able to get something in 16"
A few (very few) manufacturers do 33x**x16 tyres (Simex for example) - the vast majority of 16" tyres come out in Euro/metric sizes. Closest metric 16s to 33" tall are 285/75, 305/70 and 255/85... ( :roll: it's too hot for anoraks today :lol: )

Cheers,

Thanks fella. I didn't know that. Never bought any tyres that big - just assumed they be available in normal fittings. I don't really want to go to 35" if I can help it. They look great of course, but unless someone convinces me that I won't notice and neither will my fuel card etc then I'd rather keep it relatively normal. I also don't want to have to go for a rear wheel carrier. Again, they look great, but having to open that every time I want to go in the boot WILL drive me crazy. It's be a real pain having it in the bottom of my roof tent too when I have the outer curtain bit on.

If anything a bigger wheel would have to go in the rack.

Chris

Chris said:
Thanks fella. I didn't know that. Never bought any tyres that big - just assumed they be available in normal fittings. I don't really want to go to 35" if I can help it. They look great of course, but unless someone convinces me that I won't notice and neither will my fuel card etc then I'd rather keep it relatively normal. I also don't want to have to go for a rear wheel carrier. Again, they look great, but having to open that every time I want to go in the boot WILL drive me crazy. It's be a real pain having it in the bottom of my roof tent too when I have the outer curtain bit on.

If anything a bigger wheel would have to go in the rack.

Chris

Go to Cooper STT 305/70R16, you´ll gonna like them. Seems like those are cheap there: http://www.silverlinewheels-tyres.com/w ... offers.htm

Very nice Chris.. Thanks SO much for your help again and I'll put some of mine up soon, soon complete with TERRAIN TENT! :)

Enjoy the modding... :thumbup:

Chris,

Bout time you posted some updated pic's with the sliders and wheels, looking gooderer now !!

Nick.

Back