Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hairy con

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Typical! Just when HWMBO needs air con, (30 odd today) it stops working - Has been working fine up until today, now nothing :( I looked in the little spy glass above the rad, cant see anything at all, so may well be low on gas? The light for the air con button lights up when you switch it on, but the compressor doesnt kick in - rather hope its a re gass and not a renew of said compressor! Oh well, windows open tomorrow! Daft I cant find a fuse for the air con system - anyone point me in the right direction?

Fuse is a 60 Amp in the engine bay fuse box. No. 32 in the diagram. Would have thought the fuse is OK if the light on the a/c button is working.

th_70f44a8a9f818a861d12c13457b628e9_zpscdf7f0e1.jpg

Cheers! Heater, who would have thunk it! Oh well, looks OK to me - back to plan 'b' open windows!

Probably low on gas, if there's nothing in the sight glass and the compressor won't fire because the pressure switch is preventing it.

Of course, the question is "Why is it low on gas?"

makes you think! Was OK last week, not OK this week......I have an 'ole! somewhere..........................

makes you think! Was OK last week, not OK this week......I have an 'ole! somewhere..........................
Look at the 3/4 aluminium pipes that come from the aircon rad, thats where my pipe had a hole, it had been rubbing on part of the Body. i got a friend of mine to weld up the hole and refitted it with a slight tweak to stop it rubbing on the body, five years later its till going strong.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers - will get hairy con guy to put some dye in so its easier to find the leak :)

Blooming heck Steve you're gonna need aircon asap. It's been off the scale where I live (in a small valley) and méteo said 97 for the region today!
Please keep us updated.

mmmm, luckily (not!) during the week, truck 'o' saurus doesnt get used much, we are in the van! Just weekends, 'er indoors has anything upto 14 houses to visit, checking on cleaners, getting welcome packs, picking up linen etc! So, really feel sorry for her"! I will try and get it charged this week - I hope its all thats needed - 32 today in the shade, and being a bank holiday, cant make any noise, so have been cleaning pools instead!

Doh! leaking pipe found, just where the crimp is :( - are these things made up special, or is it something a air con guy (fridge repairs?) can do? It looks an expensive pipe! The place I took it to 'test' was just a halfords type of place & they dont do repairs :(

edit!
ZOIKS!!!:wtf:
242€ for a bit of rubber pipe ......with ally castings, ally tube.........part no 88712.....
781140_8718_0003.png

Last edited:
I have (about an hour ago!), but I am being a pest by keep ordering stuff from him! If the one pipe has gone, there is a good chance the other is going, so total cost (not simon price) around 500€ - oh well, bye bye winch bumper!

She must be kept cool..........

:)

Good old Simon! come up trumps again! 88711 and 88712 with o-rings etc, fraction of the price on Toyo DIY (nearing 500€!!!!!!!) mine for about £180 incl delivery! still chuffin expensive mind - I know, I know, a bit of hose with 2 jubilee clips just wont do :) - back to saving my hard earned cash for a winch bumper again :(

Well done Steve. Can you let me have Simon's contact details please as I have a few questions and bits to order too?
Stay cool.
Cameron

Back