Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Has anyone had trouble with not wanting to come out of low range. Light is not on but it is definitely in low range still. Central diff lock light is

Garry Pay

Country Flag
australia
With my 200 series,it does not want to come out of low range. Light is out but it is definitely still in low range. Central diff lock light is flashing and not wanting to go out. I have turned left and right,accelerated on and off, disconnected the battery,taken the terminals off at gearbox but all to no avail. Any ideas?

Try rolling backwards in neutral ? unloading the diff sometimes helps.My only experience with this is on 90 series/Prado so not sure about the flashing light.

Hi. Thanks for your replies. I have tried reversing but not in neutral so will try that.

Ooooh !!! Garry, you need a large area, move in reverse, turning the steering wheel from left to right alternatively, so in effect you are making big S moves with truck.
My 120 was sticky to start with, probably lack of use by former owner, after trying various moves, reverse slalom eventually "unstuck it"

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Tractionman for your reply. I will try that but i am sceptical that it will work. I have driven forward while turning left and right, at the same time giving some acceleration and deacceleration. Rolling backwards downhill in neutral, disconnecting the battery to reset the computer, disconnecting the wiring at the gearbox and driving and connecting back up. All the time the centre diff light is flashing and the low 4wd light is off even when disconnected at the gearbox.I do not believe the centre diff is engaged but trying to engage.

Back