Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HDJ80 Blueprint CV joint

Fit and forget Toyota ones. You're going to pay at least twice anyway when alternatives fail earlier. There's the labour on top as well and you might even be stranded somewhere. What's the point of having an unreliable Landcruiser :icon-biggrin:.

I think Warren imported some Toyota ones from USA "Amayama" or something.

I also just got a pair from Amayama. Excellent service. Toyota wanted £800 a side for the Birfields alone, I ordered two from Amayana at around £156 each so I also got the needle bearings and shorter bronze bushing for the stub axles £12.50 each instead of £95 and the dust seals at the same cost. Also added all 4 window rubbers at around £30 each. Came to £650 ish and had to pay £167 import duty, VAT and handling. All that for the price of one Birfield from Toyota and all genuine parts.

I've placed another two orders since, one for the speed sensor at £95 all in, no import or VAT as its under the threshold, the second for the stub axles, over £300 each from T but £65 or something like from Amayama plus delivery with £52 import all in.

The only thing is the 2.5 to 3 week wait. IMO well worth the delay.

Last edited:
Exellent Star - I've order them in SA but just for speed, as I've got a friend to bring them over. Otherwise I would have ordered with Amayama but can't wait, I'm blocking somebodies garage with my cruiser. I've registered with Amayama, so good to go. PS what the part numbers for those front door rubbers?

Front door window rubbers are 68141-60010 RH and 68151-60010 LH. I ordered a RH on 13th Feb and just received notice from Parcelforce that they'll deliver it tomorrow as I've just paid the import charges online. Rubber was £44.34, VAT was 8.86 and Parcelforce added a £13.06 handling charge but still a big saving over the £111.00 I was quoted from a local Toyota dealer who said they were on back order anyway.

I presume you paid shipping charges up front? how on earth do Parcel Force justify adding a handling charge?

Its for them sorting out the customs charges. Any way to rip you off.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The £44.34 was the price I paid to Amayama and included shipping, I assumed to my door but was obviously just as far as the UK. I think the handling charge may vary depending on the courier. I bought some gauges a few years back from Canada and DHL just delivered them and sent me a bill later for ID and VAT but I can't recall an actual handling charge by them. I've also been hit with handling charges by Royal Mail when importing goods.

Back