Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlamp washer

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
So, came back to my parked truck and found this:
4ccf87f5f1e2ac0598dd8cce70c2f68b.jpg

Someone went into the front left, hard enough and deep enough to knock the left side headlamp washer out, smash the little cover on it. Can't see clearly in the pic but there is a 4inch crack in the bumper just left of the fog lamp. I believe that crack gave the bumper flex room to rebound back out. Fog lamp works ok.

The headlamp washer assembly had fallen back into the bumper and developed a water leak. Does anyone know what is called?

Guess it might also be time for a new bumper :(

looking for bumper recommendations... the ARB stuff looks very expensive, and I cant seem to find anyone willing to part with a second hand one on ebay/gumtree etc.

I've also found out that one of the new EU influenced requirements for an MOT is that factory fitted headlamp washers must be functional...but there is an addendum saying 'xenon bulbs', which also includes auto levelling headlamps. Afaik, the 120 has neither xenon nor auto levelling headlamps. So I guess we will find out tomorrow morning as to what the person doing the MOT interprets this as.

- kb

Last edited:
Does anyone have a view on the world of bumpers bespoke builds ?

The ARB can be had without the chrome hoop so it's a bit less obvious. Nice bumper but expensive.

Beware of going bespoke - the 120 has a fair amount of body movement on the chassis and so there must be a 20mm gap between the bumper and body to avoid damage.

Some folk on PradPoint have gone the bespoke route.

Freeways latitude was a nice product I thought.

Back