Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

headlight bulb upgrade

I think its more the Twat.. There is no way anyone would think my lights were too bright
Maybe they recognised that they had come from Poundland and were flashing their approval?

These are no good, Iv tried them. Too many variations of colour.. Confuses people driving towards you, There ok in the winter months.. But play Havoc come the Spring!:thumbdown:
Maybe that’s why yours are green at the moment?

I thought it was carrots that help you see in the dark ?
Maybe that’s what’s turning Higgy’s lights green…?! :think: Maybe they’re getting near ripe for pulling?

CD340908-02E0-4EEE-A74B-251976F41168.jpeg
1F41A332-EAC4-44F4-B8EF-6896BCF73C86.jpeg
31479C2F-B47A-4FAD-8CBB-2E88C6411D63.jpeg
4E1B676B-AD4F-4A95-A452-A54BA072CA6A.jpeg
AE0F1384-3FD8-4D80-90EA-10DE2E99BB41.jpeg
1F41A332-EAC4-44F4-B8EF-6896BCF73C86.jpeg
CD340908-02E0-4EEE-A74B-251976F41168.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Had to use her ipad to upload pics so they are in a messed up order because i hate touchscreen , but i have buttons now even if had to sacrifice uploading pics with windows 10 .

More light yes but impressed no , the instructions came in every language but English so i'm wondering if these bulbs are handed ?

The pattern is untidy and surely i should be lighting up the pavement rather than oncoming traffic . Could be the drivers bulb isn't sat correctly because i ran out of time , took me ages to get the rubber weather seals off .

What do they mean 'Not for use on public roads' Written on the box... Probably why they are pointing all 'over the shop..

What do they mean 'Not for use on public roads' Written on the box... Probably why they are pointing all 'over the shop..
They all say that H. Every single one, it’s putting the onus on you the user.

Shayne, they are not handed. Yes, you could have one or other of them not seated properly or the light units themselves need setting up correctly. They are a bit of a faff to put in and patience is needed, but that’s not the lamp’s fault, any headlight bulb would be the same and the heatsink system is as good if not better than any others I’ve tried.

If you don’t want ’em, send ‘em to me for what you paid and I’ll put them in Lynn’s car. :)

Starcruiser said
They all say that H. Every single one, it’s putting the onus on you the user
Just goes to show how long ago it was since I renewed bulbs.... the last time I think I just topped up the whale Fat...:thumbup:

Something not quite right there, on my 120 they've got a very well defined cut off on dip and the nearside reach is much better. If bought from PowerBulbs, worth having a word with them.

The boss is back after driving the truck to wherever she goes and she's happy so that will do me :thumbup:

I got them on the link Flint posted for about 130 quid after using the discount code https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-x-treme-ultinon-led-headlamp-h4

Now i need to replace the inner headlight bulbs and the sidelights i think because bright white between two dull yellow might give the impression there's a fault .

The boss is back after driving the truck to wherever she goes and she's happy so that will do me :thumbup:

I got them on the link Flint posted for about 130 quid after using the discount code https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-x-treme-ultinon-led-headlamp-h4

Now i need to replace the inner headlight bulbs and the sidelights i think because bright white between two dull yellow might give the impression there's a fault .
Now you’re talkin’ :thumbup:
Did I hear someone mention slippery slopes? :whistle:

Depends what for Shayne. The first are LED single ended wedge lamps intended for interior lights but I see no reason they couldn’t be used elsewhere if they are correct fitting, wattage equivalent and colour temperature. These won’t match your H4 in colour as they are warm white at 4000k and your H4s are 6500 k.

The second aren’t LEDs. Did you mean to pick these as they are halogen ones?

Best thing is to check what type lamps are where. I’m guessing these are for side lights and your additional high beam and look like they could be correct fitment (I don’t know what your truck has) but they will be different colours so probably no better in that department.

:doh:just as well i accepted i was half asleep and should post them up before buying , i hadn't even noticed they weren't led i had so many pages of bulbs up they all look the same .

I read somewhere the inner (high beam) bulb is H1 fitment and the side lights wedge fit T10 on a UK spec 97 Amazon 80 ?

All i want really is matching white light in the headlights .

I guess i should pull the other bulbs just to be sure of fitment before i order anything .

Thanks Flint links are good , stuff like this bores me if i could go to a shop i would just say gimme 3 matching bulbs that fit .

Oh and i realize now the truck wasn't parked square when i took the pics Helen is raving about the new bulbs since she took the truck to work last night so yeah i'd recommend .

:doh:just as well i accepted i was half asleep and should post them up before buying , i hadn't even noticed they weren't led i had so many pages of bulbs up they all look the same .

I read somewhere the inner (high beam) bulb is H1 fitment and the side lights wedge fit T10 on a UK spec 97 Amazon 80 ?

All i want really is matching white light in the headlights .

I guess i should pull the other bulbs just to be sure of fitment before i order anything .

Thanks Flint links are good , stuff like this bores me if i could go to a shop i would just say gimme 3 matching bulbs that fit .
Welcome to my world Shayne. :lol:

I think you’ve got the fitment right but very much worth checking. There’s certainly markings on the top of the headlamps under the bonnet on mine but yours may differ.

858C2637-C59F-4135-9344-7422AAD3647A.jpeg

Back