Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlight deflectors for France

Beefbeefbeef

Country Flag
uk
Heading off this weekend for a couple of weeks in the wagon. Last time I went to France in the LC, I noticed what a piddling impact the standard headlight deflectors have on the lights which I think is because the headlights are massive!

Are LC owners meant to use something bigger or do we just use the normal ones in case we are stopped by Monsieur Plod?

I've always just used the normal ones and haven't had any troubles. I would doubt we are meant to use a bigger one as I'm sure no such thing exists.

Thanks. I think I'll keep doing the same. They just seem to do b*gger all on such a big headlight!

I've used Duck Tape before, on my 90 series lights, it's marked out lightly where to place them so makes for a neat and tidy job!

Just use the ordinary ones. I think monsieur le plod has more to worry about. Of the countless thousands of miles I've covered in France and elsewhere, they've never looked twice at our truck. They don't seem to do much on the huge lenses, but they're legal.

Save your money: I copied the pattern of hella deflectors with gaffa tape
zoom in, you'll see where to put it:
IMG_7068.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Better pic:
IMG_6832_zps0856abfa.jpg

Both sides same pattern, there's a little dot on the leans that acts as a datum.

We have been wintering abroad for about 12 years now. I started using the proper headlight masks but all I do now is to use the adjuster to lower the headlights to their lowest position. I have not been pulled by plod for doing this, nor have I been flashed by other drivers.

That's what I tried last week, greasemonkey, and it seemed to work well - albeit it doesn't give much range.

I have an unsed set of the proper deflectors in the glove compartment just in case Plod gets shirty. I have been pulled a couple of times over the years for other misdemeanours!

Cheers

Back