Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headscratcher maybe?

Zeusv8

Today on the way home the rear wiper came on by itself and ran at full speed. The switch was off so I messed about with it switching it to on/int and back to off with no change. A few minutes later I braked and it stopped and when I released the brake pedal it came back on again!! Lol . This happened every time I pressed and released the brakes. I was stopped at lights with brakes on and the wiper had stopped so I turned it on at the switch which worked fine then switched it off, released the pedal and it came on again ! Mental!
Any ideas? Ta much

Sounds like a bad earth. Did you have the side lights on?

No lights on. Would a bad earth just affect the rear wiper? Should I look out for other weird stuff? Bear in mind that the gremlins pop in and out of this truck just to mess with me head!! Cheers for the help:)

Yes, probably some other strangeness to go with it that might help you work out a common cause.

Its witchcraft and black magic my bugger of a truck is the same :think:

Plug inside the upper tailgate, bottom left corner, filled with H2O. Check for leak around 3rd brake light. Can also be the cause of alarm going off...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This usualy happens with a blue truck with blue wheels. If you change back to the silver wheels you should be OK.:icon-biggrin:

Aren't brake lights negative switched and the wipe would be positive. In the cluster of wires going through the door, the door wipe wire would have sorted with the brakes giving it 12v. Hen you brake, this is pulled down to zero and the wipe stop. When the wipe is on, do the brake lights glow?

Of course if the lights are positive switched my theory is wrong.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I hate electrics; even caused Rolls Royce to be near the top most unreliable car this year.

Frank

Today on the way home the rear wiper came on by itself and ran at full speed. The switch was off so I messed about with it switching it to on/int and back to off with no change. A few minutes later I braked and it stopped and when I released the brake pedal it came back on again!! Lol . This happened every time I pressed and released the brakes. I was stopped at lights with brakes on and the wiper had stopped so I turned it on at the switch which worked fine then switched it off, released the pedal and it came on again ! Mental!
Any ideas? Ta much
Did you ever find out...

Sorry I didn't get back on sooner. After checking all the bits suggested, I found nothing wrong and it hasn't happened since!! I think it might be haunted
Thanks for the help folks, much appreciated

Back