Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Heated seat loom

Aeroelastic

Country Flag
uk
Hi, my Prado came with fabric seats but I have swapped in a full set of leather interior from a UK Colorado. I have run a 12v from the battery to run the power seat adjustment, it works perfectly. The guy i got the seats from also gave me the harness for the heated seat, with the control switches. My question is, is it a plug and play if I want to run the heated seats too? I remember the harness is connected back to below the black plastic cover where the gear lever is. I am not very electrical minded, hope someone can shed some light, thanks.

If its anything like an import 80 it should be plug and play. I put electric leather seats in mine and all the wiring was already in place for the seats and the switches.

Thanks, I will probably try over Xmas break and see if it works. If anyone has done this before please advise. Thanks..

this came up a few years ago, reading through it again it's not clear if the loom is present or not. there are some pictures of my car with the seats out though which may help you to see what you are looking for

Thanks, the photo below is from the post you referenced. My import does not have the brown plug. I used to have a manual GX which I also installed power leather seats in, I took power from the brown plug and it worked. But for my Prado I need to run an auxiliary 12v panel with individual fuses for my leather seats.
I guess the answer is I need to run power to the heated element separately, the connector behind te centre console is purely for the switch illumination I guess?

Attachments

• 4DF3B178-CFFD-41D9-8AE2-72E7436E59E0.jpeg
    4DF3B178-CFFD-41D9-8AE2-72E7436E59E0.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 185
Ive just fitted heated carbon seat pads onto my cloth GX seats before I fitted a set of Escape Gear seat covers over the top. Theres actually a fuse for heated seats down by the drivers right knee and I used a piggy back fuse to tap straight into that.
The kit was £28 with fast delivery and its toastie hot within 5 minutes. Best mod Ive done to my car.
Anyone else noticed how much Colorados are increasing in Value?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi
Which fuse number is this? Or is it 2 of them, one for each seat?

went on to look for Prado electrical diagram and found the followings. I am not good at reading cable diagram, but why didnt any of the cable is related to heating element?

the information is from, sure someone will have a better understanding than me.

just checked the loom I got from the guy it’s the photo above. Think I will need more wiring to get the 12v to the seat?

thanks

Attachments

• 4D9C938A-DC38-4A8C-A8DC-67BB1EFA3DF6.png
    4D9C938A-DC38-4A8C-A8DC-67BB1EFA3DF6.png
    348.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 2DD1EEF5-9174-49F6-8299-7D7B2F5A8B84.png
    2DD1EEF5-9174-49F6-8299-7D7B2F5A8B84.png
    484.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 2EB70039-2854-4C8A-B8E0-9C12CEBD0F8B.jpeg
    2EB70039-2854-4C8A-B8E0-9C12CEBD0F8B.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
I pulled the panel down where the fuel flap release is and you can see the small fuse block up underneath. One of the fuses was listed as "seat" on the diagram. It had no fuse in and I used a piggy back fuse with a 10 amp in it. Joined both the heated seat wires together so only had to use one fuse.

Hi
Which fuse number is this? Or is it 2 of them, one for each seat?

went on to look for Prado electrical diagram and found the followings. I am not good at reading cable diagram, but why didnt any of the cable is related to heating element?

the information is from, sure someone will have a better understanding than me.

just checked the loom I got from the guy it’s the photo above. Think I will need more wiring to get the 12v to the seat?

thanks

I had a look under my dash in the center console, literally under the ashtray. There are 3 existing white plugs but none of them matched my wiring loom end (my loom is in the second photo below).

I have since went online to look for information, cant really find any 90 series wiring loom for heated seat diagram but found some 80series. in the below can anyone help explaining how the circuit in the green dashed box works? This is the HI LO switch controlling the seat heating i believe. Think they are double throws switch. So if I pressed the HI button, how does the electric run?

Trying to work out what my cables and wires are for on my loom, I kind of deduce what each of them do (see the second picture). But I struggle a bit on the big end connection Ground (2 ground 1 for back light in the switch and the other for the red wires? What if both seat heaters are on? Still run one ground? this is related to how the double throws switch works... Can anyone help if you are more converse in Electrical? Much appreciated.

I plan to just wire them directly from the fuse box and ground them based on my picture below.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 80 wiring_Page1.jpg
    80 wiring_Page1.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 171
  • loom explained.jpg
    loom explained.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Hi I tried connecting up my heated seat loom today, but I can’t get any heat to the seat element.

A bit of history: So I bought a set of used VX leather seat from a UK Colorado to swap out my Prado original cloth seat (JDM market). So I can have a leather interior Prado. With the help of a member here I found the plug below the centre console that connect to the heated switches loom that come with the leather seat.

So I thought it’s just plug and play, upon plugging them in, with the brown plug from the Prado original loom below the passenger seat, the seat move forward and back with the control knobs, so the power seat is working.

However, the heated element doesn’t work! When I switch the LO or HI heating on from the switch, the switch indicator lights up, indicating power, but the element in the seat is cold. Upon a closer look, the Prado brown plug has an additional green wire compare to the brown plug that comes with the leather seat I bought. See picture below:

So is my heated element broken? Or if the wiring is different for a Prado?

Prado Brown plug wires:

Blue - 12v for power seat motors
White/black - Ground
Red with dot - Low setting 12v
Red with stripe - Hi setting 12v
Green - ???

The brown plug that comes with the leather seat doesn’t have the Green wire.

Wires are my weak area, any help is appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• EAFED21D-03F8-4589-AFDB-61407C9AE6C7.jpeg
    EAFED21D-03F8-4589-AFDB-61407C9AE6C7.jpeg
    542.5 KB · Views: 109
Just had a look at the drivers side plug to the seat and by the look of things it has 6 wires in it.

Thanks for having a look @AndycruiserguyLomas. That is my other problem, my driver side brown plug from the Prado floor only has 2 wires. I guess I need to run my own 12v..,

Happy to report that I have sorted my Driver side heated seat loom wiring, the wiring loom that came with the car only had 2 wires in the plug but my heated seat (swapped in) plug has 4 wires. Turn out that Toyota only run the 2 missing wires from the centre console up to the driver kick panel, I identified the respective wires (by testing with multimeter while switching the heated element switch On/Off) and extended them to the bottom of my seat, now I have toasty bottom, BUT it takes about 10mins to warm up!!

Earlier i reported that my plug and play passenger heated seat doesn’t work, well I know why now, it takes 10mins… so there was nothing wrong. Embarrassing ..,
But can’t blame me, my Lexus heated seat only needs 2 mins to get toasty.

Summary: if you put a set of heated seat into a GX (or in my case a TX Prado) from a VX, the passenger wiring loom under the seat is plug and play, but you need to run separate wires from the driver side kick panel to extend the switch control 12v to the seat to get it to work!

2 wires to extend, one for HI setting and one for LO, the LO wire also acts as an Earth when put in HI setting, so you need both wires, otherwise you only get a LO setting. Toyota..,

Note: you also need to run a 12v for the Power seat motors but mine was already done when I installed the seats a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• 8C84E67B-E8C6-4B6F-9C67-C4DEE826B7D7.jpeg
    8C84E67B-E8C6-4B6F-9C67-C4DEE826B7D7.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Back