Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Heater-Demister help

THING HJ47

Country Flag
australia
Hi guys
Not sure where to start with this-never had any experience with my heater. It has never worked. Does anyone have any diagrams that will help me to understand how it should work on a HJ47. I can see the pipes under the bonnet and a box under the dash but things are a little disconnected on the inside. All assistance appreciated.
Diane

Rodger

Hi,

You will probably find, as the heater has never worked, that the valve on the bulkhead is seized. I have unsuccessfully tried to copy a drawing of the heater set up but you could look at www.sor.com page 186. The heaters are the same - just select the year of your truck. If you look at the second set of drawings - the one with the side window demisters the valve is clearly shown as '10'. With this valve inoperable no water gets to the heater - so no heat.
However, hopefully the drawings should give you an overview of what goes where. The cables (7 on the diagram) opens a gate in the blower (bulkhead mounted in engine bay) and 8 opens the valve that is most likely stuck.

Hope that helps but if you need more info, just say

Regards,

THING HJ47

Country Flag
australia
Hi,

You will probably find, as the heater has never worked, that the valve on the bulkhead is seized. I have unsuccessfully tried to copy a drawing of the heater set up but you could look at www.sor.com page 186. The heaters are the same - just select the year of your truck. If you look at the second set of drawings - the one with the side window demisters the valve is clearly shown as '10'. With this valve inoperable no water gets to the heater - so no heat.
However, hopefully the drawings should give you an overview of what goes where. The cables (7 on the diagram) opens a gate in the blower (bulkhead mounted in engine bay) and 8 opens the valve that is most likely stuck.

Hope that helps but if you need more info, just say

Regards,