Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello all im new to the family

Giray

Country Flag
cyprus
Hi guys im Giray from cyprus currently a 1991 hdj81 owner which was my dads car and its 1 owner from new my dad done very wrong and got a 2015 range rover vogue which he regrets it now and wants the landy back but its staying with me now forever:) done a full detailing on it lifted a bit with wide wheels and mud terrain bf goodrich tires i only drive the truck once a week maybe as i have 2 more cars and 2 motorbikes i just want to use the truck on weekends when i go to kite surf and keep it nice and tidy if im missing anything else just shout at me✌

20170425_235608.png

Hi Giray and welcome, nice looking truck the same colour as my old 80...

Hi guys im Giray from cyprus currently a 1991 hdj81 owner which was my dads car and its 1 owner from new my dad done very wrong and got a 2015 range rover vogue which he regrets it now and wants the landy back but its staying with me now forever:) done a full detailing on it lifted a bit with wide wheels and mud terrain bf goodrich tires i only drive the truck once a week maybe as i have 2 more cars and 2 motorbikes i just want to use the truck on weekends when i go to kite surf and keep it nice and tidy if im missing anything else just shout at me✌

View attachment 124868

And very nice too by the look of it Giray, welcome to the forum.

Just one point, to save you embarrassment, on here the term "Landy" is reserved for those things produced by the maker of your dad's vogue, not Toyota products.

TLC, Cruiser, Land Cruiser, it, she, he are all acceptable though, and yours is no exception, it's a beauty :thumbup:

And very nice too by the look of it Giray, welcome to the forum.

Just one point, to save you embarrassment, on here the term "Landy" is reserved for those things produced by the maker of your dad's vogue, not Toyota products.

TLC, Cruiser, Land Cruiser, it, she, he are all acceptable though, and yours is no exception, it's a beauty :thumbup:
Sorry i wont say landy again but im sure mines a HE defo not she:)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome mate, nice truck, I think your dad got the raw end of the deal lol
Yes he did. Hes asking me to find him a customer for hes range rover now he hates it. If we cant sell it soon we will part exchange it with the new land cruiser soon

I have old mans emu nitro charger shocks and suspension anyone else use them? If so are you happy with them?

I have omemu shocks & springs which are veterans of several overland desert trips, they have never let me down.....yet, hope I'm not speaking too soon!
Was thinking the other day about replacing them , just due to age, about 9 years, as the pounding they have had must be making them a bit tired by now

Andy

I have old mans emu nitro charger shocks and suspension anyone else use them? If so are you happy with them?

I can't pretend I've done any overlanding, desert or otherwise,but I fitted OME nitros and springs 11 years (and about 180k km) ago, and no complaints at all.

I do a fair bit of offroad, so they haven't had an easy life by any means. I've overloaded the truck at times, with rocks on one occasion weighing just under a tonne, and again with ceramic tiles which I calculated after were over 900kg, and the truck drove straight and true, albeit a bit slow on the hills :lol:.

I don't think you'll have any problems with OME.

I can't pretend I've done any overlanding, desert or otherwise,but I fitted OME nitros and springs 11 years (and about 180k km) ago, and no complaints at all.

I do a fair bit of offroad, so they haven't had an easy life by any means. I've overloaded the truck at times, with rocks on one occasion weighing just under a tonne, and again with ceramic tiles which I calculated after were over 900kg, and the truck drove straight and true, albeit a bit slow on the hills :lol:.

I don't think you'll have any problems with OME.
I dont do offroading with mine even though i live on top of the mauntains just go fishing and surfing with the tlc but driving on road it feels very stiff and everytime i come to a sharp corner it slides the rear end out drifting my tires are 4 years old now so kind of getting hard but still got plenty of life left as they didnt have a tuff life. Sometimes i feel like going back to the original shocks and suspension not sure

I have omemu shocks & springs which are veterans of several overland desert trips, they have never let me down.....yet, hope I'm not speaking too soon!
Was thinking the other day about replacing them , just due to age, about 9 years, as the pounding they have had must be making them a bit tired by now

Andy
Mine are 4 years old and never seen bad days yet i believe. Is there any chance of playing around with the stiffness??

Welcome Giray great intro & wonderful truck you have there. Where about are you in Cyprus?

I switched from OME springs with lord knows what shocks (previous owner) to Pedders springs and shocks (both +2"). Made a big difference, Cruiser now rides much nicer, a little softer, but very controlled. The OME felt too stiff to me, but maybe the mongrel shocks didn't help LOL!

I dont do offroading with mine even though i live on top of the mauntains just go fishing and surfing with the tlc but driving on road it feels very stiff and everytime i come to a sharp corner it slides the rear end out drifting my tires are 4 years old now so kind of getting hard but still got plenty of life left as they didnt have a tuff life. Sometimes i feel like going back to the original shocks and suspension not sure

I can only suggest you slow down a little :lol:

These trucks weigh 3 tonnes, and aren't really designed for high speed cornering. My lift is closer to 6" and the back end of mine follows the front end, even when I'm pushing it a bit...

hehe im easy on the peddle i just believe the setup is very stiff thats why its drifting very easy

hehe im easy on the peddle i just believe the setup is very stiff thats why its drifting very easy
If you don't off-road, then you're not carrying recovery gear, so likely the only weight you're carrying is your fishing rods, plus a regular toolkit and jack.

At the back, I've got 60kg of steel rear bumper, 30-40 kg of spare wheel, 20kg of tools and about 40kg of recovery gear, and that's before any passengers get in.

Who recommended the springing for your truck Giray, or was it fitted when you bought it?

Back