Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from a new user and proud owner of a 'new' 70 series :-)

Angel of the North

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself on here and as a brand new owner. I've been the proud owner of a 1989 LJ70 short-wheel base VX Turbo for just over a week. Absolutely love it already. Managed to break it already though as the alternator seems to have goosed. Stripped it off with my dad yesterday and it's being looked at now. I'm looking forward to learning all about the truck and learning how to fix it (where I can!) and maintain it properly. :icon-biggrin:

Here's a pic for you:

photo-53.JPG

Looking forward to meeting you all on here and hopefully getting some insider knowledge.

Novice Ange :icon-rolleyes:

Yes Angel of the North, welcome indeed!! You will find this forum very helpful and friendly, as you already have found posting in the 60 section and being gently guided to the correct section.BTW we love pics!!

Andy

Haha yes thanks Andy! I was on here trying to figure out what model it was as it's not all that obvious to a newbie like me :icon-wink:

I'll post loads of pics as and when I take them. I've made an album on my profile where I'll add in pics when I do bits and bobs to it (or go anywhere exciting!)

Thanks for messaging :icon-biggrin:

Hi Angel,

Nice looking 70 series. Looks in very good condition.
Looks to have been looked after.
If Ben turns up at your door, and asks for a test drive, just make as many excuses as possible.:lol:
Ben1.jpg
Ben2.jpg
Look in the build section to see why a new roof was needed:shock:

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome to the club Ange. :thumbup:

Do you intend on using it off road? :think:

Hope you get the alternator issue fixed. :icon-biggrin:

Hi Angel,

Nice looking 70 series. Looks in very good condition.
Looks to have been looked after.
If Ben turns up at your door, and asks for a test drive, just make as many excuses as possible.:lol:
View attachment 5195
View attachment 5196
Look in the build section to see why a new roof was needed:shock:

Gra.

:lol:

New alternator ordered. I gave up on it yesterday morning and took it to a local guy. It wasn't the brushes - it was the electrical bits inside the alternator that were goosed. Wonder if me driving through a flood did the damage last week. All the same warning lights came on momentarily after driving through the water but then went off again less than a minute later. Maybe just a coincidence. If it keeps raining like this every year I might get one of those snorkel thingies (can you tell I'm really technical lol!). :lol:

Thanks also for saying hi Adrianr

I also managed to rip the front offside mudguard off when driving through the same flood. Fixed it with some large washers that completely covered the original holes (that are now ripped through). Looks pretty neat and secure so I'm going to paint them black so they blend in with the plastic guard. First tiny repair job done! :clap:

Ben - yes I'd love to get it off-road. I tend to end up in some bizarre places anyway due to my job. My poor old Ford focus has been up far too many dirt tracks, mountain paths and muddy fields so I 'retired' it 2 weeks ago. It has gone to a good home where it will be taken to the shops and back if it's lucky haha!

Loads of off-road opportunities up here as my folks live in the middle of nowhere near Kielder Forest. :)

Ben - yes I'd love to get it off-road. I tend to end up in some bizarre places anyway due to my job. My poor old Ford focus has been up far too many dirt tracks, mountain paths and muddy fields so I 'retired' it 2 weeks ago. It has gone to a good home where it will be taken to the shops and back if it's lucky haha!

Loads of off-road opportunities up here as my folks live in the middle of nowhere near Kielder Forest. :)
Hi Angel,

You do know that Ben is the "Destructor" of 70 series, ,,,and further more, his 70 series is "off road" aka, ready for Auztralia, so any "outings" are likely to be in your truck,,,,

Now Ben is the most likable fella, we all like him, but I wouldn't lend him my LC:lol:

Gra.

Back