Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from another newbie - Dorset based

Paulsven

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello all,

Just a quick post to introduce myself before I start bombarding the forums with "please help me" posts.

Picked up an R reg 3.0 Colorado GXTD today with some known issues. To be honest it could be a bit of a lemon after discovering a post by the old owner on a different forum an hour after I bought it! haha

Used to drive a Land Rover 90 but needed more load space and a bit more comfortable as I am planning to escape to Bulgaria in an attempt to live the 'Good Life'! Couldn't see myself rattling along on a 1600 mile drive in a B reg 90!

Happy to tinker and have some skills but by no means an expert so I'll definitely be picking brains on this site to get my lemon in to a more reliable fruit!

Based in Poole, Dorset. W4x4R member.

Let the fun commence!.....Haynes manual here we come!

Cheers

Hi and welcome to the forum

Hello all,

Just a quick post to introduce myself before I start bombarding the forums with "please help me" posts.

Picked up an R reg 3.0 Colorado GXTD today with some known issues. To be honest it could be a bit of a lemon after discovering a post by the old owner on a different forum an hour after I bought it! haha

Used to drive a Land Rover 90 but needed more load space and a bit more comfortable as I am planning to escape to Bulgaria in an attempt to live the 'Good Life'! Couldn't see myself rattling along on a 1600 mile drive in a B reg 90!

Happy to tinker and have some skills but by no means an expert so I'll definitely be picking brains on this site to get my lemon in to a more reliable fruit!

Based in Poole, Dorset. W4x4R member.

Let the fun commence!.....Haynes manual here we come!

Cheers

And this is the post I discovered an hour or so AFTER I had paid for the truck by sheer "luck"

"Any experience & expertise solving my problem would be great:

I bought a landcruiser from what turned out to be a dodgy dealer in London. It overheated about 50 miles into the drive home. It had lost about 5 litres of water.
The seller would not answer phone or emails.

I replaced the water pump, radiator & finally the cylinder head. It still uses masses of water.... Nothing lost at idle, but 4 litres lost on a 50 mile drive at 60mph. Is it the turbo? The block? The oil filter housing?

Steel seal & equivalents don't help at all."

Sounds Promising eh! haha

So how far did you drive it home & did it overheat ?

I got it towed home as it was out of tax. Maybe a good thing I did! Going to get stuck in on the weekend and start posting for help pdq i suspect!

welcome, good luck and it's probably the last thing you think of and dead simple. ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back