Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from the Kingdom of Bhutan

Bhutan

Country Flag
bhutan
image.png
image.jpeg
Just checking in as I'm new to the club, kuzuzampola!

I have a 2007 LC4 3.0 D-4D automatic which has done 91,000 miles, and is currently sitting in a container ship making it's way to Bhutan where I live and work as an helicopter pilot. She's not modified yet, and probably won't be unless I really need to. A snorkel for the road dust, and some good off road tyres will most likely be the extent of it, unless I really need better suspension after I've broken something, which is very possible!

A quick photo of my other ride:

image.png

I'm looking forward to some great dirt road adventures over here, and will post some scenic photos as the road trips happen.

All the best, Nik

Bhutan

Welcome from Sunny but bloody cold France - nice rides!

Thank you very much for the welcome Steve, very kind of you - a great looking ride you have too! I would very much like to have an 80 to 100 series, but couldn't quite afford a really good one. Maybe next vehicle with a bit of luck.

Where abouts in France are you? I spent many years alternating between the Var and the Alpes in a different lifetime, and have family in the Haûtes Pyrenees. I love the country and hope to get back there long term one day.

All the best, drive safe!

I looked for an 80, but couldnt find one any good or in budget so spent top dollar on a low miles 95, (70k on a yr2000) 3 years ago. Bog standard when I bought it!

We are in the north of the Dordogne, weather is rubbish at the moment though, mid 20's next week I am informed. Family not too far away then :)

Welcome from one new member to another. :)

Nice Eurocopter. How about posting some arial views of Bhutan sometime?

Many thanks Kup, welcome to you also!

I'll get a few photos up of Bhutan for you, the place is so rugged and remote it's unreal. 70% of the land is covered in forest, at least 15% is above the tree line, and most of the rest open grazing on the high hills or rice paddy fields nearer settlements.

Looking forward to getting the LC4 here to go exploring more on the ground, it really looks exciting from the air. Unfortunately you can't drive to where this photo was taken in the Lunana valley, the valley sides up the gorges are too steep for roads to have been built here to date, though the country is talking about getting a road here in the next 10 years.

It's a five day walk from the end of the road. Yak country!

image.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I looked for an 80, but couldnt find one any good or in budget so spent top dollar on a low miles 95, (70k on a yr2000) 3 years ago. Bog standard when I bought it!

We are in the north of the Dordogne, weather is rubbish at the moment though, mid 20's next week I am informed. Family not too far away then :)

Hey Steve, just been looking at a place to stay near you again funnily enough, we were in Brantome 12 months ago for a family get together. Small world. Enjoy the summer, I hope it's busy and profitable for you, not too busy that you can't get out and enjoy your 95 though!

Spooky! Brantome is 10 mins away - if you want somewhere to stay for a holiday, look on our website - lots of choice - Busy time just kicking off - I have 30 pools to open in the next 3 weeks..........and the grass doesnt stop growing 6 " a day....
Steve

Nik,
thanks for the photo of Bhutan from above. Beautiful !
BTW, have you gotten used to yak butter in your tea? :)

Martin

Nik,
thanks for the photo of Bhutan from above. Beautiful !
BTW, have you gotten used to yak butter in your tea? :)

Martin

Martin, I'm not into either coffee or tea at all, but have been respectful to the local Bhutanese and drank butter tea on more than one occasion - it is disgusting! The things we LC owners do...

Spooky! Brantome is 10 mins away - if you want somewhere to stay for a holiday, look on our website - lots of choice - Busy time just kicking off - I have 30 pools to open in the next 3 weeks..........and the grass doesnt stop growing 6 " a day....
Steve

Many thanks Steve. The family has decided to head to Wengen in Swtizerland instead this summer, we haven't been there since we were kids so will be heading that way instead now. Many thanks for the offer though, most kind of you and much appreciated, thank you. We'll certainly keep your details as we'll be driving between the Pyrenees and the UK visiting family each year. We've an 3.0 TDi A4 Avant Quattro we used when we were in Scotland, and have decided to base that in France so we'll definitely be passing your way down the road.

All the best, many thanks again. Cheers

What an amazing looking place Bhutan, welcome to the forum.

Actually, I read your other post first, so you can ignore my question "which cruiser do you have?".

I'm sure your truck will cope with most things you will throw at it, if you drive it well. I don't know the LC4 at all, but as a Land Cruiser, the pedigree is enough IMO.

Nice chopper (if I'm allowed to call it that, no offense meant :lol:). And the photo is breathtaking.

More please, and some trip reports will be welcomed. :thumbup:

So Nik, are you going to Wengen because you're homesick for mountains already? I would have thought, based on your pics, that Bhutan has more than enough :)

Back