Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hello

joe lane

hi all, my name is joe, i drive a 93, 80 series in white and it is not standard, im from coventry in england. i build my own mods and do all my own work, im not a fully qualified mechanic but confident to tackle any thing, the net is full of usefull info,
so far i have built my own ally roof rack, winch bumper, body lift kit, stainless side exit exhaust, rear recovery point, and just recently a copy of the maggiolina roof tent, all of these will be posted sooner or later.

i have polybushed all the drive train, rebuilt the front axel, fixed the rear diff lock, rebuilt the turbo, rebuilt the steering box, reconned the head, new rings, big end bearings, lifted truck by 50mm and some general maintainance and you have probably gessed by now my spelling is bad. lol

later joe

Welcome :thumbup:

Better duck for when the pic requests come flying in :cool:

Hi Joe :mrgreen:

pichers1.jpg

Welcome Joe. It was nice to meet you at the weekend, glad you've found us all hanging out over here now. I look forward to seeing the threads on your 80's mods.

Can you copy and paste the threads, that you have already posted elsewhere, over here? Might save you sometime.

Cheers.

Welcome onboard Joe - you took your time finding us didn't you... :lol:

Looking forward to seeing your projects :cool:

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
welcome!

I did add some comments to your roof tent build on the "other" site as "4runner" - was thinking of directing you here, but knew any PM/post telling you about this site might get "intercepted"....

sorry gentlemen, im a long time missing some pics here

well as its christmas heres a few

1922_45000144607_2677_n.jpg

virgin white

DSC00543.jpg

i didnt like the way arb stuck way out in front, so i built one, copied some thing off a suzuki web site using the famous gas pipe,
the sliders are 4x2 box straight to the chassie
DSC00544.jpg
DSC00546.jpg

027.jpg026.jpg

P7054214-Copy.jpg
P7054212-Copy.jpgP7054211-Copy.jpg
these last three pics are my favourite

22012011389.jpg

63mm stainless straight through side exit

23012011399.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfHx3XILDPA

wow anit seen this vid for a while eight thousand odd views

sounded good at the time, loud at speed and im getting to old to listen to that

got loads of pics, even some of an off road wheel chair i built for my sister lol

well thats me good night

Hi Joe, have to say that looks awesome!, well done.

I could only hope to find something like that for sale!, have you ever towed much with it like that, the lift & the wheels?, as I am on the look out for a VX 80 and would like to lift a bit and some bigger wheels/tyres.... Just not too sure on how much I could go as I would mainly use for towing, and a little off road.

Anyways, looks great, good on you!.

That's a beauty Joe! I like the sliders, very professional, you're obviously a very modest craftsman!

Welcome aboard! :clap::clap:

good morning

Hi Joe, have to say that looks awesome!, well done.

I could only hope to find something like that for sale!, have you ever towed much with it like that, the lift & the wheels?, as I am on the look out for a VX 80 and would like to lift a bit and some bigger wheels/tyres.... Just not too sure on how much I could go as I would mainly use for towing, and a little off road.

Anyways, looks great, good on you!.

hi number76, i did tow once with 3ton car trailer loaded with about 2 ton in bales quite a large lump, stuck to 55 mph for about 60 miles, i was a bit wary, and i would do it again i never towed with it in normal stance so i could not tell you the differance,
what you towing anyway

clive, im just a dab hand with the paint, it hides a multitude of sins lol

Hi Joe, I will be towing Boats mainly, some plant too, 3.5t Ifor Williams etc...

I have just seen a lifted one for sale and now chatting with the guy.....a company called west coast has lifted and done most of the mods.

They are hard to find, I really like your one, the look of it is perfect.

I did see a White LPG converted one for sale.....

But I will keep on with my search!.

Thanks for the info too.

This is a great pic:

Can I ask what wheel/tyre set up you have as looks just right, also was it a 2' lift?....

I envy you for your skills!, good on you tho.

Danny.

:icon-cool: i'm with you on the bumper thing i always think the closer the wheels are to the front of the truck the better and though ARB's and the like serve a very obvious purpose i don't find them easy on the eye .

Hi Joe, I will be towing Boats mainly, some plant too, 3.5t Ifor Williams etc...

I have just seen a lifted one for sale and now chatting with the guy.....a company called west coast has lifted and done most of the mods.

They are hard to find, I really like your one, the look of it is perfect.

I did see a White LPG converted one for sale.....

But I will keep on with my search!.

Thanks for the info too.

This is a great pic:

Can I ask what wheel/tyre set up you have as looks just right, also was it a 2' lift?....

I envy you for your skills!, good on you tho.

Danny.

thanks dan, i think at the time of the pic i was running 35" maxxie creepy crawlers on an 8j rims i had lying around
great for the lanes and pay and play days noisey on the road, but had some money burning a hole in my pocket sold these and bought a set of five 35" discoverer coopers 2s and put these back on the toyota rims great tyres i dont use the spare so i keep an eye on wear

the truck started life in my garage, 2" body lift, 2" suspension lift and you will laugh i couldnt get it out of the garage, the springs and shocks from frog island and the body mount were home made on the lathe, in my opinion the body lift was very easy just the steering to really sought out, mind you i had to play around with the rear bumper aswell to make it sit back under the body, the 2" body lift is by far the best mod you can do, it opens up working space around your engine/gearbox

later joe

hi shayne

:icon-cool: i'm with you on the bumper thing i always think the closer the wheels are to the front of the truck the better and though ARB's and the like serve a very obvious purpose i don't find them easy on the eye .

yes thats it exactly what i mean, if you have a look mine i do have a bit of a stub end on the front and i have dug the mud out a few times but the approach angle is a lot better
im not taking it away from arb, they just dont suit me

later joe

Hey Joe,

Had to smile at that... built up in the Garage then stuck in it... classic!.

Do you have a pic of the rear at all please?.

Really like it a lot!.....for sale soon? wink wink :think:

dan i got one for you, and no mate shes not for sale

Hey Joe,

Had to smile at that... built up in the Garage then stuck in it... classic!.

Do you have a pic of the rear at all please?.

Really like it a lot!.....for sale soon? wink wink :think:

DSC00547.jpg
you can just see the 50mm box under the ally step and the chassie sitting lower, still looks stock.

Great job Joe, very, very clean and tidy looking, as you say stock looks, also the bodywork looks near mint too, can I ask what sort of miles are on the clock?, did you search for one for a time?...

I didn't think would be for sale so no probs there....:thumbup:

Really has given me some great idea's and something to aim for, shame you wasn't closer, I would love to have a look, I was in Cov last week too looking at a Isuzu 3.1 that was on eBay, was crap! 2.5 hr drive and I was there 5mins.

There is a VX just been linked on this site in the Classifieds section, I have replied.....if you like have a look and see what you think?, it seems just what I am after, not a massive lift as do need to tow, its had a 2' Iron Man lift(?) by West Coast 4x4, but not a Body lift....seems a nice guy who owns it too.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, thanks for your time too.

Danny.

Only difference a lift makes to towing is just make sure that your trailer is level, not all the weight on the back axle. But an adjustable towball takes care of that.

Back