Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help on fitting winch bumper brackets to chassis - 2009 LC76

blashers

Country Flag
england
I need a bit of help as Toyota in the UAE have failed to work out what is needed. Referring to the photos and parts diagram attach, I'll try to explain.
I originally had the regular 'non-winch' bumper on the front of an LC76 (2009). That's been replaced with the deeper winch bumper.
I have the long metal step plate which goes from one side to the other and on top of which the plastic bumper sits, and also the large metal brackets onto which the step-plate fits (part 52130-60120).
What I am missing is a bracket / part which attaches the whole lot to the chassis of the car. Can anyone advise me what part numbers are needed to do that??
main brackets.jpg
step plate (above) and main bracket (below).jpg
main bracket 2.jpg
Toyota LC76 winch bumper 1.png
Toyota LC76 winch bumper 2.png
LC76 with winch bumper.jpg
Logically, it should be something which connects the metal brackets (52130-60120) directly to the chassis.

hi Sir, with respect, something bothers me about the above - AFAICR the "deeper" bumper was made to accommodate the Airbag upgrade. (miniature crumple zones if you like). Winching, by its very nature, is the very opposite to Crumple zones.
Yes, Toyota brought out both styles of bumpers (deep/shallow) with winches. OEM winch is rather puny 1000kg.
I trust that you have got one step ahead of me - having a winch pull of your bumper when you are knee deep in the sticky stuff won't be fun.... cheers

Back