Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi all!

Infolock

Country Flag
canada
Hi, Dave from Alberta, Canada. Well, originally from Victoria, Australia from up in the Yarra Valley to be precise.

Owned a 1980 HJ45 series that I sold when we moved to Canada. Been thinking about buying one here but never really see them around, only once, a shorty when we were in BC. The 45 that I owned we took around Australia 3 - 4 times never let me down I saved her from ending up in the territory. They wanted to convert it into a cattle catching vehicle.

One pic is of the 40 series guys we used to go 4wd'ing with.

I was hoping that I could get some info on the best place to source a resto' project and of course parts etc.

Thanks for adding me.

Cheers,
Dave.

042.JPG 050.JPG 14-07-09_1738.jpg

Welcome, Canada must be a big change after Australia.
40 series is still my favorite shape cruiser and some of my best memories of travel was in one.
Good luck with a finding a project cruiser in Canada, sadly I can offer no advice for where to find one other than perhaps used cars adverts.

Hi Dave,
I didn't see many 40s in Alberta when we were visiting our son other than one on the freeway and another outside a workshop in Lethbridge. Saw that one several times and they obviously used it but it needs resto but maybe worth a look if you down south. If so i can tell you where the workshop is.
They don't seem to advertise them mainly I guess because they need a Certificate (MOT) when sold but there are ways round it. The local 4x4 clubs may know of some.

Love the photos and welcome.

Regards,
Rodger

Great intro, and what a picture, so many different vehicles on one base.

Welcome aboard, you'll enjoy... :thumbup:

Welcome to the club. :thumbup:

I lived in the Yarra Valley myself for a while, little place called Wandin. :icon-biggrin:

From what I've read recently, I think you will struggle to find a decent cruiser to restore in Canada as people are asking big money and most are rust buckets. :doh:

I think it would work out cheaper to import one from here. :think:

If my memory is correct and the information I was given was correct Canada does not allow the import of RHD vehicles among other restrictions.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Dave and welcome good looking cruisers love the old 40s let's have more pics of the good old 40s good look with a 40 .

Back