Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi everyone

danc8000

Hi guys,

My name is Dan. I have been browsing around the forum for quite some time but only joined recently.

I don't have a Landcruiser yet but have been looking around for a ~2003 Amazon or a 120 for the past couple of months but if truth be told, I am actually still deciding if either is the right choice of vehicle for us.

It will be used mostly for family transport in and around our rural home and then for occasional road trips for holidays with up to 5 people. I am not 100% convinced that a 120 or a 100 is the best choice for us yet as we don't really need an "all out" off roader as I'm not into green laning or desert holidays or continent crossing :) We do suffer with flooding and also un-gritted frozen lanes and hills in the winter so some extra ground clearance and 4wd would really help. Driving through 1ft of flood water is often unavoidable and is OK in the "normal" car unless someone comes the other way at speed or in something bigger ;) We usually run winter tyres on a 2wd car (from Dec to Feb) and it is perfectly adequate on iced hills but 4wd would give added piece of mind, especially with the little kids in the car.

The reality is that I am drawn to the build quality and comfort of the Amazon especially when compared to modern, complicated car-like "off/soft-roaders" like the Volvo XC90, Audi Q7, etc...not to mention the Amazon is far less pretentious! However, when I think about what I need from the car I find myself being pulled slightly to the 120 as they are generally a bit cheaper, a bit more economical, and more modern although still a little bland inside.

Hopefully you see my quandary :)

I figured I might as well explain my situation while I'm introducing myself so please....if you have anything that may be useful then please just reply and say so.

Thanks
Dan

What a great introduction Dan, welcome indeed. Members on this forum are only too pleased to help and give suggestions and advice.

Andy

Back