Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Sydney

MattH

Country Flag
australia
Hi guys,

quick introduction as I joined the group back in January but only got my Cruiser in March and I have been busy since for the basic setup so far.

Your name: Matthias Holm
Your Cruiser: 2006 78 series 4.2 TD (HD-FTE), currently at 176,000 km
Mods on your Cruiser: 50mm / 400kg constant load EFS, 3'' exhaust, Safari Armax Snorkel, Poptop conversion by Mulgo/Expedition Centre, Ostrich Awning
Plans for your Cruiser: getting the fitout done during the next months
4x4 Experience: 5 years Australian Outback Touring
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: Aim to setup the ideal rig for Outback Travels.

21617531_1910080005980719_5774103089903214553_n.jpg 21752395_1910080429314010_4037877101215632619_n.jpg

Looks great Matt , just a shame these are unavailable over here. Looks very capable and big enough for a long trip

Looks great, what make is the rear bumper? Are you doing the fit out yourself, I got Drifta to do my Troopy?

Thanks guys!

@Ben - I think you only got some HZJ in Europe generally as I know some in Germany but no FTE as far I know.

@ Charlie - from your Avatar your setup is pretty similar. I assume Alu Cab? My rear Bar is a Thorburns (http://www.thorburns.com.au/product/7578-series-troopcarrier-rear-bar/). I will do my fit out by myself. I know Drifta is doing all custom made stuff but it is something I wanted to do for some time... Do you live in Australia?

Have a great weekend ahead
Matthias

Correct, I have the Alu-Cab conversion. I also visited Danial from Mulgo, but what swayed me to the Alu-Cab was the 2 day installation time.
Thanks for the info on the bumper, I’ll look them up. I’d like the Kaymar, but the cost is pretty high.
Where do I live that’s a good question….. I still class England as my base and have an 80 series there, I work in Kalimantan, my wife and daughter live in Bali and I have my Troopy in Australia….. Saying all that, in the last few years I’ve spent more time in Australia than England.

This is the fit out I got Drifta to do, but if you can do it yourself you will save a far bit.
IMG_3669.JPG

Back