Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi-lift jack

AndyCook said:
i am sure if they are at all un-stable, that one could fit a locking pin in to the sliding collar that link the 3-legs, by drilling a hole through the collar and the middle pillar of the stand

I have a 6t version of these stands that comes with a locking pin for the collar.

AndyCook said:
thanks for pictures Steven
That's OK :D

AndyCook said:
not sure about winching kit yet, since i have the Tirfor style winch anyway and the front winch,
To be fair I don't think that there's a lot to be gained from owning the winch kit. All you need to have is about two meters of chain with a clevis hook on each end, about £15-£20 on the bay, a couple of 'D' shackles and a hand full of straps/strops to enable you to effectively use the Hi-Lift as a winch :)

Jon Wildsmith said:
Yes that's the ones, although I think mine are 6Ton ones :think:

Yes here you are :)

P8290301.jpg

Jon Wildsmith said:
Have you got a picture of them folded? They look quite handy if the base folds? I don't think I'd realized from your previous posts about them that that's how they fold.
I'll have to take one for you later on, but the legs just fold flat against the main center tube :)

AndyCook said:
..............some reviews say they can be a bit unstable unless carefull. but i am sure they are more stable than a bottle jack or hi-lift
I've never found them to be too unstable, they do sway around a tad when used at extreams, but they've never fallen over :) :pray: :lol:

Gary Stockton said:
Those look useful :lol: - think I'll have to get a set.
I've got two sets :) ;)

P8140085.jpg

Jon Wildsmith said:
Have you got a picture of them folded
Sorry I hadn't noticed the photo of the folded one in Andy's post, they look just like that :)

fridayman said:
AndyCook said:
i am sure if they are at all un-stable, that one could fit a locking pin in to the sliding collar that link the 3-legs, by drilling a hole through the collar and the middle pillar of the stand

I have a 6t version of these stands that comes with a locking pin for the collar.
Mine also had a collar locking pin, but I found them more trouble than they are worth so removed them :thumbup: To be honest with any weight on the stand where are the legs going??? I think the instability comes from the height that you can set them up at and as I said that's well within my own personal allowable safety tolerence :shifty: :whistle: :)

Jon Wildsmith said:
if you have a mag on bars you could slip your waffles under the mag like I did and there would have been space for the hi lift beam under there as well.

I will look into that when I move from Thule Bars on the roof rails to Rhino Bars.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
AndyCook said:
had a quick look for 6t folding axle-stands on web,
not many around - nothing on Screwfix etc

but found these on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-TORIN-BI ... 4602272f4c
They look like the puppies :thumbup: :D To be fair I only went for those due to the max working height and not the Tonage :)

I'm sure the 3Ton ones would be fine if the max height is acceptable :)

edit - I also carry this piece of 18mm ply for a number of useful reasons, one being a stable base to put the axle stand on when on soft ground :)

P3180333.jpg

P4140709.jpg

Will have to go and have a measure later to make sure the minimum height of 376mm fits under and axle tube without having to jack too high for the bottle jack to be safe or even reach, sounds quite high without actually checking.

You know me Jon, I like everything to be big :) ;)

My axle stands :)

My compressor :) and now your compressor :lol: :lol: :) ;)

yes i had thought of that too Jon
the 3t ones have a minimum height of 300mm

Those won't fit under a 120 before a jack is used, unless you have after-market sliders - and would be enough of a support to get a wheel off without extending it, depending on placement, etc. So should be fairly usable. Liking this more and more.

Jon Wildsmith said:
I'm learning Steven :lol:
Lol :D It's a good compressor Jon & beats all that are thrice the price hands down. I'm pleased to see that you've found space for it, you want regret it :)

I've got 350mm under the axle tubes on Fiery and 280mm below the diff and the 6Ton ones work well for me :thumbup: :D :D

Back