Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

DIY Front Winch Bumper Kits

BRE Fabrications LTD

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hey Guys,

I'm going to making myself another winch bumper soon, would anyone ben interested in a DIY weld together kit? (I've posted this on Facebook and seems to have generated one interest, hence I thought I'd check in here).

Bumper construction is a combination of 4mm, 6mm & 8mm Mild Steel.
  • Integrated Hi Lift Jacking points
  • Integrated recovery eyes.
  • Wings are cut and folded from one peice to minimise the amount of welding and clean up required.
  • Each wing has a stiffening brace for additiona strength.
  • Winch Mount suites standard Winch 10"x4.5" bolt pattern
  • Included 2no. tabs for lights or light bar to be attached to tubular hoop.
  • £410 excluding shipping.

Bumper Front.png

Bumper Iso Front.png

Bumper Iso Rear.png

Bumer Rear.png

1704980545906.png
1704980525331.png

1704980585911.png

Looks class. Have you looked at doing other bits? Rock sliders?

Not to be a killjoy but I was curious what you'd found with the legality of winch bumpers in the UK if they're not E marked?

I'd quite like to make one for my kzj70 but want to make sure it's completely legal first.

Looks class. Have you looked at doing other bits? Rock sliders?
Thanks. I have, and I'll likely do some more bits when I want them for my 80. I've found there to be very little interest in 80 series products, hence I'll post up when I do bits for myself but won't be actively developing product for them.

Not to be a killjoy but I was curious what you'd found with the legality of winch bumpers in the UK if they're not E marked?

I'd quite like to make one for my kzj70 but want to make sure it's completely legal first.
I believe anything pre 2007 is fine. I've had a winch bumper on my 80 for over a decade now, never had an issue. It's declared on my insurance as well.

I believe anything pre 2007 is fine. I've had a winch bumper on my 80 for over a decade now, never had an issue. It's declared on my insurance as well.
That's excellent news! I'll get on with some designs, although might ring insurance first to check I'm not going to get bent over

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm interested. Any idea on how much it weighs and do you offer fully built ones?

I'm definitely interested. I'd also like to know approximately when it may be available and how much it's going to weigh. I been looking for a winch bumper like this for a while. If you can make it happen, I don't think you will have any problem selling them.

Im interested in one for a 2001 100 series, FTE Engine. But without the winch position ??

Can I put my name down for one please, let me know if you need a deposit? Cheers

Can I put my name down for one please, let me know if you need a deposit? Cheers
Hey Felix,

Sure, Might be wroth starting a list on here for anyone interested. I can hold off ordering the cut and folded parts until the end of the month.

If anyone else is interested please add your name so that I know how many kits to get cut.

1. Felix2556 - DIY Kit

I'm definitely interested. I'd also like to know approximately when it may be available and how much it's going to weigh. I been looking for a winch bumper like this for a while. If you can make it happen, I don't think you will have any problem selling them.
Hi Rayzfzj

I'll look to order the components at the end of the month if there are enough folk committed. If you'd like one please add your name to the list in the post above. Also state whether you would like it complete or as a kit.

Weight is estimated to be approx. 42kg.

Cheers

Ryan

Awesome, thanks for that. Love the design and the price seems very sensible for what is included in the kit. Having built in tow points is really great idea.

1. Felix2556 - DIY Kit
2. Sam - DIY kit
3. Markmd- DIY kit
4. Kingtom - DIY kit

Back