Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hj61 12ht diesel upgrade with intercooler

DrKaputzi

Country Flag
ireland
Hi all,
i am a 10yrs owner of a 1988 hj61 12ht for which i have done significant upgrades to keep it practical and safe in modern traffic.
Most significant has been adding an intercooler combined with a GTurbo and 3" exhaust system has been the major fun.

If anyone has interest here then i will post some pictures and specs.
The 12ht is the famous direct injection engine, with a lazy laggy CT26 turbo fitted by Toyota runing a very modest 0.6bar boost at wastegate as stock.
Only 136hp from 4.0Litre is a very modest power for such a diesel.
The robust design of the direct injection cylinder heads provides a solid basis for exploiting much higher torque via increased and faster boost.
If these characteristics have meaning to you, and you are lucky to own a 12ht, then you might be interested in my hard work.

thanks for any genuine comments.
john

It would be interesting to see your adventure so far with your hj61, welcome to the forum man!

As Iwan said, interested. I have a 61 auto and think it goes very well as it is. I've done a bit with turbo and intercooled turbo converted 2H's over the years so upgrades to the 61 would be of definite interest to me.

Hey Dr.Kaputzi, I’m very interested in your Projekt and wollüstigere like to know what you’ve done with it.
Did you have some pictures and steps what you have to do or so?

Back