Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hj75 wipers are slow

Brett Mcleod

Country Flag
australia
Hi guys, been searching the forum for a while & couldn't find an answer, maybe its there & i missed it :)
I have a 1989 hj75 diesel ute, i used the windscreen wipers for the first time since owning it & found that they are really slow on both speeds, it's like having a flat battery although the battery is strong enough to start the car & the headlights are bright, anyone have any ideas of where i should start to look to find & fix this problem would be great, cheers Brett

Hi
I would first check the voltage at the motor, just to confirm that you do no have a wiring problem.
Once you have comfirmed that the supply is ok then check that you do not have any tight points in the mechanism, give the whole set up a bit of lube and see if that improves things.
Everything is probably a bit sticky if you have not used it much.
Hope this helps

yeah thanks, it was sitting for around 12 months before i brought it, i have been replacing everything else & thought i should fix the wipers as well, thanks for your input, i will go through and check all of those things first & see if i can pin point my issue, thanks again, Brett

I had the same problem on a different vehicle, the whole mechanism was seized, the motor was fine. Make sure you take a photo of the position of the arm on the motor when in the park position, so you can put it back together without it parking in the wrong position. I speak from experience! I had to get a photo from someone else after trying almost every position!

Regards Graeme

thanks Graeme, good idea, i took plenty of photos when i rebuilt the swivel front end, they came in handy when i put it back together :)

Back