Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

home made Bull bar

Really? Have you tried a search?

Quite a lot on this one.

Paul said:
Really? Have you tried a search?

Quite a lot on this one.

Yep, I've tried the search option. Nothing came up :?
Maybe it's the booze from last night interfering still :D

lol..umm..That's a bit too drastic.
I meant copying an existing bull bar.

Paul said:
Those are winch bumpers to me, not bull bars. I don´t know what Rudolph is seeking, copying what... like this?
bonnetguardtoycollc90-3.jpg

This?
prado1.jpg

This?
jual-toyota-land-cruiser-prado-lc-90-tahun-2000-1.jpg

Or this? :roll:
bullbar3.jpg
:lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think the 1st image isn't a 'Bull Bar' as such, but an 'A' bar.

Graham

Graham said:
I think the 1st image isn't a 'Bull Bar' as such, but an 'A' bar.

Graham

Now that we've established the correct terminology.......I take it, no one has made his own A-bar? ;)

Not that I can recall. But they why would you? The shop bought ones are not expensive and the effort in making something like that unless you are a pipe bender just doesn't justify the saving on cash. Not sure of the legality of fitting nudge bars nowadays. That's why ours are winch bumpers.

I have never really understood what those are for. They look completely cosmetic to me I have to say. They seldom actually provide any impact protection. I have seen how easily they bend.

Chris

Keep an eye on fleabay Rudy - they come up quite regularly :cool:

Gav Peter said:
Keep an eye on fleabay Rudy - they come up quite regularly :cool:

I know. 1 ended last night. It was for a '98 and on Amazon, didn't think it would fit :?

Chris said:
They look completely cosmetic to me I have to say. They seldom actually provide any impact protection. I have seen how easily they bend.

Chris

Chris's is right,

They are not impact withstanding bars, ther are really for showm and gentle nudges, that would otherwise crack your front bumper.

Graham

After May 2007 fitting bull bars and a-bars became illegal. Even by fitting a winch bumper without a winch is not allowed. If a winch bumper has a winch fitted then it is classed as a tool as is allowed....go figure :roll:

The only legal fitment is an FPS (Front protection system) basically an a bar that is covered in a polyurothane foam like this:
Freelander_Abar_Comp_LI.jpg

Sorry about the L*** R**** picture :?

Basically you can fit anything you want as long as it complies with Euro Directive 2005/66/EC and is deemed pedestrian safe. Sorry but when I was a kid we were taught that if you didn't look properly when crossing a road then you were likely to die. No wonder we live in a society that comes to a halt for a few inches of snow. All the thinking people are being outnumbered by the stupid causing a reversal in Darwins theory of evolution :evil: .....sorry got carried away there. :p

You can fit bullbars and a-bars to pre May 2007 vehicles but if the authorities can prove that it wasn't fitted prior to that date then you can get prosecuted. Maximum penalty is 12 month sentence or £20K fine :o :thumbdown:

Graham said:
Chris said:
They look completely cosmetic to me I have to say. They seldom actually provide any impact protection. I have seen how easily they bend.

Chris

Chris's is right,

They are not impact withstanding bars, ther are really for showm and gentle nudges, that would otherwise crack your front bumper.

Graham

Bend :!:

What like this :lol:
benttoyota.jpg

Back