Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How do I replace my wheel studs easier?

Boboc.theo

Country Flag
romania
I want to put longer studs on my land cruiser to mount spacers on the wheels,but it looks like i need to take the whole wheel hub of the car to replace a stud,does anyone know a easier way to replace them?

Depends on what type you get. Some come as a kit with extension studs that screw on to original, so you don't have to remove them.

Those were the old idea IIRC. Some 'new' type spacers bolt directly on your hub with your existing bolts or nuts, and have their own studs on the spacer ready for wheel to bolt to, given the correct size/configuration.
Sorry no links, - just Google or look on eBay.

I got mine from West Coast off road, just as Tractionman has described, they come complete with their own studs plus the nuts you need to bolt them onto your hubs. Not made from chinesium so good quality, bolt straight on and no issues with vibration etc.

Those were the old idea IIRC. Some 'new' type spacers bolt directly on your hub with your existing bolts or nuts, and have their own studs on the spacer ready for wheel to bolt to, given the correct size/configuration.
Sorry no links, - just Google or look on eBay.
Im talking about the hub studs, not the spacers one,the hub studs arent long enough to catch the whole thread on the spacer bolts

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes,i got hub centric spacers,they fit with the hub lockers fine but as i said,the thread is not enough for me to ride safely with them,they only catch like one quarter of the thread,I have 2 j70's and on the other one it seems to work just fine,maybe because manual hubs and electric hubs have different studs?

Look for wheel spacer stud extensions - they may/may not suit the spacers you already have.

Look for wheel spacer stud extensions - they may/may not suit the spacers you already have.
Well,what im telling you is that i dont need extensions for the spacer's studs,I need longer studs for my hub,the spacer studs are completely fine,all im saying is if there is any other way to put longer studs without taking all the hub off...and even if i would want extensions,i dont think they are safe enough to take the beating...

Well what I am telling you is they are not extensions for the spacer studs despite the name which is not my description, thats what they are described as - just take a look !
I was giving you a possible solution which don't obviously suit you or your spacers which you gave scant information about anyway. Remove your hubs, change wheel studs, job done !

Thanks anyways,i will take a look on those extensions but i cant seem to find any..

How does fitting wider heavier axles on it sound to you?

You achieve the wider look and you have massive bonus of running heavy duty as opposed to the light duty axles that you have on it.

Going from light duty baby cruiser axles to the big bollox HEAVY DUTY HDJ axles will make yer little lj a lot stronger!

Hope the info helps..

How does fitting wider heavier axles on it sound to you?

You achieve the wider look and you have massive bonus of running heavy duty as opposed to the light duty axles that you have on it.

Going from light duty baby cruiser axles to the big bollox HEAVY DUTY HDJ axles will make yer little lj a lot stronger!

Hope the info helps..
I i have heavy duty hdj axles on my other j70 with square lights,but i had the same issue with that also,it sure caught thread on the studs,but clearly not enough for safe riding:)))

Back