Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How many miles

Steve

I have a 2007 LC4 with 122k miles on the clock and I am considering a change due to the mileage.

The trouble is what to change to there is nothing I fancy and I am not keen on the 150.

Don't know if I should be bothered about the mileage or wether to keep running it for a while yet.

How many miles do you guys have on your 120s

You shouldn't be too worried about mileage.

If you service often and change fluids then these engines can last a very long time. :thumbup:

fast but dim said:
just approaching 100k with a 53 plate. i'll keep mine 'till it dies.
148k on the diesel, 163k on the petrol, and I'll keep them both til either they or me die. :thumbup:

Mine has 110k on the clock and don't have an issue with it (other than ones I have created...)
Graham had(has?) one with 245k and counting.

If it still runs and you're happy with it and there is nothing to replace it with, why bother? :think:

Just turned up 50k on my 55 plate. Think I'm babying it ... :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Crispin said:
Mine has 110k on the clock and don't have an issue with it (other than ones I have created...)
Graham had(has?) one with 245k and counting.

If it still runs and you're happy with it and there is nothing to replace it with, why bother? :think:
Hi all,

Yes, I have just over 248,000 and counting.
When I am in China, my brother has full use of it.
It went in for the injector washer inspection, and was reported to be fine.
No contamination or blow past.
The copper washers were replaced with the newer aluminum type.
I see no reason that it won't continue to 500,000.
It does have full Toyota service history, which is still current.

Funny, I went to Morocco a few years ago, and prior to the trip was an annual service.
I asked my local garage to change the auto transmission oil, , , , , , , ,
He asked me "Why, , , , is the gearbox misbehaving ?"
"No" I replied.
He then said that they don;t normally change the auto-transmission oil in the 120 series until 500,000 miles.

Graham

Looks like it should stay a bit longer then.

Did you have the auto fluid changed or did you leave it?

Hi Steve,

Left it

As the auto box was showing no problems, and having heard of no problems with the auto boxes on the 120 series, I thought to take the advice of the service manager and just come back when she turns 500,000 miles for the auto fluid.

Gra.

Do they suffer from radiator issues like the 90's do. Just wondering if a rad change would be wise?

Never heard of it happening on a 120 series.

What does happen is the gear selector (P-R-N-D-3-2)

looses the spring which holds the stick in 4th or 1st, ie, where the stick is pulled to the right.
Its not a big job to fix it, and

All the gears are fully functional, it's just if you wanted 4th then you would need to hold the stick in 4th, as it would just want to flick to the left, and back into "D" again.

can be done by ones self, as it's not really an issue,

Gra.

I have 80,000 on my 2007 lc3. Getting a big service in two weeks time. £300 cheaper than Toyota who quoted £425.
Just got a set of general grabber AT's.
I don't intent changing until the mortgage is paid off and that's at least nine years away unless I win the lottery.
That should bring the mileage upto about 200,000.

I have no intention of changing mine in the near or far future,
It doesn't owe me any thing.
It does all that I want, and more.

I really don't see, if i continue the service schedules, that it won't reach 500,000.

There is a loose plan to also head to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, then south to Erenhot.
The border between Mongolia and China.
Almost similar to what Rob did, not so long ago.
I would like to drive through China, but it is insanely expensive and difficult to arrange the documents..

Gra.

Back