Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How not to recover a Seat stuck in the snow....!

Caron De Kock

Driving home on Sunday and we came across this Seat stuck in the snow:shock:..! The young lad asked for a "push" out despite Marius warning him that it would cause damage to his vehicle.:hand:=... but he wouldn't listen, so we went ahead... watch the video for the outcome :icon-surprised:! Adult viewing only due to the F word being repeated :laughing-rolling:!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogZ4z1cZjoo

Ah, I recognise that lane! Its been closed for three days now as "impassable".

So did you leave them stranded there? What happened next?

:shock: Make sure you keep that vid safe !!!!

I would not be surprised at all if he tried to make an insurance claim saying you hit him .

Well, that's the sound of inevitability for you :lol:

Ah, I recognise that lane! Its been closed for three days now as "impassable".

So did you leave them stranded there? What happened next?

There was not much else we could do..! The driver called home and was waiting to be picked up. Further down the road we met another two cars trying to drive up...! Utter madness,:doh: we warned them that a car was stuck, so they proceeded to carefully turn around...! There is some more video to come but unfortunatley my finger is in the frame as I was holding the camera out of the window..!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry, it serves him right! Lovely 80 BTW, I wish mine was that tidy, although keeping it in that condition must restrict what you do with it!

At least I don't have to be very careful with mine!

@adrianr - thanks Sundance purrs like an African Lion:dance:

@shayne - thats why you can hear me heavy breathing in the video as I ran back to the truck to get the camera out and then out into the field to film. Not far you think, well I am vertically challenged and the snow was almost up to my knees in places :icon-surprised: I had a feeling that if it went wrong, we didn't want to be blamed with an insurance claim. The original longer version shows it all.

@doodle - On hindsight we should have just flatly refused, also we should have had some recovery gear on board ....!

My better half always asks why I carry all that junk all the time...!

Anyway, you had the blanket, what more did you need to stove his back end in? At least you didn't scratch it!

oops, that really was inevitable though, good job you have the video :clap:

The 3” stainless exhaust is absolutely beautiful.

I want one Marius.

I suppose it would be a bit wasted on mine with no turbo, but if it sounded like yours, and didn't leak like my mild steel one does, it would be worth the investment.

Lovely!

My better half always asks why I carry all that junk all the time...!

Anyway, you had the blanket, what more did you need to stove his back end in? At least you didn't scratch it!

We couldn't even offer him tea and sympathy as we had left the jet boil and biscuits behind as well...! We had a real morale dilema about this afterwards and both felt really bad..! Next time, if we have no recovery gear the only help we will offer is a lift or to phone a friend.

We couldn't even offer him tea and sympathy as we had left the jet boil and biscuits behind as well...! We had a real morale dilema about this afterwards and both felt really bad..! Next time, if we have no recovery gear the only help we will offer is a lift or to phone a friend.

Caron, don't be so sensitive!

He was stuck, you offered help. It sounds from the vid and your explanation that you advised against the push, correct?

Where's the dilemma then? The guy should have refused the offer. It's not like Marius just drove into him for fun, is it!

Sleep easy, that's my advice. As I said, he deserved it for driving around in deep snow in a Seat, the twonk!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that a Pro Speed job, does it run inside the chassis rails and if it does have you got any pics I can use to help route mine :shifty:

Mine is and does Jon. I've not got the truck here at the minute to take photos but you're welcome to a look at Lincomb. If I get it back in the next week or so I'll take some photos for you.

I did that to my friends car in 1959 in my series 1 landrover having come out of the pub to find his battery flat. Well boy being boy I drove into the back of him at 3 mph and completely flattened the back of his little Standard including smashing the lights. This was normal behaviour back then. No MOT or breathalyser, no police and not a care in the world. You only mended bodywork when it stopped the car moving and only attended to lights when you could not see where you were going.

Frank

Happy days, eh Frank?

I'm amazed you can remember it was 1959! It wasn't a Wednesday was it? :lol:

Chris

Mine is and does Jon. I've not got the truck here at the minute to take photos but you're welcome to a look at Lincomb. If I get it back in the next week or so I'll take some photos for you.
Does it come off the turbo elbow like the standard exhaust or does he remove the elbow and take it from right off the turbo outlet? I'm having a go at building my own and coming right off the turbo so I'd love to see a picture of what a professional has done to get from the much wider than 3" turbo outlet down to the 3" pipe and then the routing of that till it's alongside the gearbox. Might save considerable head scratching for me :lol:

Is that a Pro Speed job, does it run inside the chassis rails and if it does have you got any pics I can use to help route mine :shifty:

Yes Jon it is a Pro Speed job and here are some photos I took for this morning.

p1504094308-5.jpg

p1504098018-5.jpg

p1504098278-5.jpg

p1504094164-5.jpg

p1504094280-5.jpg

I hope these photos help you.

Back